Monday I had my phone in my holster and pulled it out and the phone ... BlackBerry Curve forum

tdawg no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    241F06A2

Question Do I need a new battery or something else???

Advertisement

Monday I had my phone in my holster and pulled it out and the phone was hot, so I notice it was coming from the battery itself. Then when I look at the battery, I notice that not only it was hot, that battery drained to 15 percent from 85 percent in a matter of mins..... So i pulled the battery and charged it and no problems. Then all of sudden it did it again today, but this time it wasnt hot just low battery in matter of mins.

Is the battery faulty?? Is it under warranty? Or could it be the phone?
    BB8900 is mine!

lovin2act no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Do I need a new battery or something else???

I would try another battery first to rule that out, but if you just got the phone recently, might as well see if you can get a new one under the warranty ya know
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, some1 said 2 thmslvs "U knw, I really want 2 set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close engh to get the job done".

jhaebre no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    Quote Originally Posted by tdawg View Post
    Monday I had my phone in my holster and pulled it out and the phone was hot, so I notice it was coming from the battery itself. Then when I look at the battery, I notice that not only it was hot, that battery drained to 15 percent from 85 percent in a matter of mins..... So i pulled the battery and charged it and no problems. Then all of sudden it did it again today, but this time it wasnt hot just low battery in matter of mins.

Is the battery faulty?? Is it under warranty? Or could it be the phone?
    If you think its the battery you have a 3 months warranty for you accessories which includes the battery if that what you think it is act on before your 3 months are up.

superdad no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

i suggest u dont put the phone in your trouser pocket till u get a replacement battery

laxbabe924 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2405FD44

Yeah try another battery.. or if your phone has been wet, that could be the cause of it as well. Bring it to a store/agent location and have them look at it.