Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hello everyone, I've been using a Blackberry for a long time now and I thought ... BlackBerry Curve forum

preja no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    245B7136

Do I have a problem ?

Advertisement

Hello everyone,

I've been using a Blackberry for a long time now and I thought a wasn't an addict until the other day. I was running late for work one day last week and I found myself leaving without my Curve. Now I was damn near to the parking lot when I realized that I forgot my Curve at home. I only had five minutes to clock in or I would be late. Now I had a choice to be on time for work or go back home and be late.The sad thing is, I went all the way back home just to get my Curve and I ended up being an hour late. My question is, do I have a problem ? Has anyone else been in a situation like this? Please help !!!!

quizzie no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Do I have a problem ?

It's the same way with me. Have to kill time some how.

HeyMrRadio no está en línea Themes Pro

The bad news is you have a problem. The good news is we ALL have this problem.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

You have a problem...but it's not a bad one unless you lose your job over it. I'm without my BB for the 1st time and I don't have any place to go to get it. I have to wait for it to come back from the shop.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

DaX05 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

~via DaXBerry (wap.pinstack.com)~

Haha! Oh wow! Now that's dedication!
    I haven't been on that situation just yet, but I can't blame you. I would probably do the same if the same situation would present itself.
    I think you would agree with my favorite slogan.. <b>"BlackBerry.. Not Just A Phone, Its A Way Of Life."</b>

stnkyq2 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    IMTHTG

Yes you do have a problem. I have the same problem and I was late too. Now I have the belt holster for my Curve and I make sure it is in the holster before I leave in the morning. I actual made myself a check list in the morning before I leave. Just like your keys I reach for BB also!
    "A clear cut vision is the best path to success.. persistence is the vehicle you arrive in..." -Rev. Run

Crackberry @ddict for LIFE..........

dvst8ion no está en línea Stack level 3

I have found myself on more than one ocassion going back for my blackberry! Ill leave my walet at home before my phone!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by stnkyq2 View Post
    Yes you do have a problem. I have the same problem and I was late too. Now I have the belt holster for my Curve and I make sure it is in the holster before I leave in the morning. I actual made myself a check list in the morning before I leave. Just like your keys I reach for BB also!
    stnkyq2, (and all you others)

A little trick...when you put your BB down at night or any other time for that matter, put it down WITH (or attached to) YOUR KEYS.. Then you'll never leave it.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    245B7136

So, is there a cure for this addiction ? LOL !!!

Quote Originally Posted by preja View Post
    So, is there a cure for this addiction ? LOL !!!
    None that I know of - most of us don't want a cure anyway so the "no cure" is a good thing too.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada

I agree. People ask me all the time-why do you need a phone that does all that? Its not that I need a phone that does all that, its that i WANT a phone that does all that. Its like a Harley, if I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand anyway.

stnkyq2 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    IMTHTG

Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    I agree. People ask me all the time-why do you need a phone that does all that? Its not that I need a phone that does all that, its that i WANT a phone that does all that. Its like a Harley, if I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand anyway.

Took the words right out of my mouth..... No can say it any better!
    "A clear cut vision is the best path to success.. persistence is the vehicle you arrive in..." -Rev. Run

Crackberry @ddict for LIFE..........

PIN/ID
    245B7136

Thanks for all the replies from everyone. It feels good to know that there are other addicts out there. Now I know I made the right choice when I chose to be late to work rather than to go all day without my Curve. Thanks guys !!!!

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

This happened to me 2 weeks ago.

I left my Pearl in the T-Mo OEM Vertical Pouch with Magnetic Flap Closure (sleeper magnet) case in my desk (an adapted desk type table for me because of my chair. The cutout part of the desk had a slot in it for storing things in it and that's where I put the phone) in my classroom when we changed rooms (on a different floor) to go do a video portion of a quiz (I passed the quiz thankfully ).

That room was on the 3rd floor and we were on the 4th floor. I grabbed a friend and she met me downstairs and I got my phone back. I didn't think I could go that fast but I did when I realized I didn't have my phone and had to go back and retrieve it.

ventz no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    N/A

The thing is...this is like any other technology...the more it entertains you/makes your life easier, the more you get used to it and depend on it. It's like your plain old cellphone. 9 years ago I didn't have one and life was okay. The other day I forgot my BB and I started freaking out just because I wouldn't be able to keep in touch with a few people (2 call wise, 1 via txt messages, 1 on pin)

Prime example: try not using you tv remote, your microwave, or wifi on your laptop and come back in a week and report

As to being addictied...yes you are, but if 51% or more of the people around you have "this problem"...it's okay
    Then it becomes accepted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast