I just recieved my 6gb microSD i Put it in the blackberry 8320 formatted it ... BlackBerry Curve forum

aliveinbrooklyn Guest

Do Not Get The Microsd 6gb, It Dont Work With 8320

Advertisement

I just recieved my 6gb microSD i Put it in the blackberry 8320 formatted it and it became a 1.6gb . I have the newest software. The blackberry completely destroyed the card. I recommend people use the 2gb because it works fine

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Do Not Get The Microsd 6gb, It Dont Work With 8320

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

It will work with 4.3 OS when it comes out. The is a couple of thread telling you how to get it to work. Just have to go through a little work though

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

if not send it my way ill gladly put it to some good use
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

TheRiddler no está en línea Stack level 5

Check out the thread at the top of this page...they reference using a standalone formatter (not in your BB) to format the card. Try that and see if you have better results. Don't give up after one failed attempt. A lot of the beauty of the BB (at least in my opinion) is the joy you get from reading, learning and applying the new knowledge you can gain off this site. There are a tremendous amount of very knowledgeable folks here that are more than willing to lend you a hand if you are willing to roll up your sleeves and try some things out. Good luck!

jhowle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3115EE05

i'll make sure i stay clear of that one.
    Looking for new buddies. Add me pin# 3115EE05

Eloquence no está en línea Stack level 2

Just wait for the 4.3 OS people! Then all capacity problems with 6GB+ cards will be solved. Any word on getting 6GB+ card to work with new Pearl 8130 from Verizon & Sprint yet?

rws70 no está en línea Stack level 1

Updated Post: 12/6/07

I have an AT&T 8310 and bought a SanDisk 6GB microsd card. (SDHC type)

Desktop software Ver 4.3
    Handheld software Ver 4.2.2.170

First I connected the 6gb card directly to my computer with the adapter that came with the microsd card and it showed up as a 6 gig drive. I created a folder on it called Blackberry and subfolder called Video and moved a video into it. I put the card in the blackberry and was able to play the video.

Then I hooked up the blackberry to the computer (xp sp2) and tried to view the drive via the blackberry USB cable. It said I had to format to view the drive, I stupidly said yes and it formatted my drive down to 1.6 gigs. Then I couldn't undo the mistake until I found a utility at ww w sdcard dot org / downloads and used the sdfv2000 utility to do a quick "erase reformat" on the card ... what a relief! Thought I had hosed it.

Put it back in the 8310 and it shows 5.6 gig space. Took it out, hooked up to the computer, added LOT's of music and video. Back in the 8130 and found it only plays media in the first 1.6 gigs of the card. The rest produces errors.

Then I tried formatting it "in" the 8310 and it dropped back down in size to 1.6 gigs.

Conclusion:
    So I will use the utility described above to reformat it back to 5.6 gb, set it aside for now, and go back to using my 2 gig card until (hopefully) a new handheld version of the software comes out that supports the 6 gig card.

I have read that the 4 gig card is working for people on this forum but have not tried it.

Cheers
    Last edited by rws70; 12-06-2007 at 11:08 PM.

tomvb2000 no está en línea Stack level 3

As mentioned above, we need OS4.3 for any cards >4GB. Search www blackberry com Technical Solution Center for "What is a microSD media card". That article shows the max capacity for each vesion of the OS.

daveyBB no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Re: Do Not Get The Microsd 6gb, It Dont Work With 8320

Quote Originally Posted by rws70 View Post
    Updated Post: 12/6/07

I have an AT&T 8310 and bought a SanDisk 6GB microsd card. (SDHC type)

Desktop software Ver 4.3
    Handheld software Ver 4.2.2.170

First I connected the 6gb card directly to my computer with the adapter that came with the microsd card and it showed up as a 6 gig drive. I created a folder on it called Blackberry and subfolder called Video and moved a video into it. I put the card in the blackberry and was able to play the video.

Then I hooked up the blackberry to the computer (xp sp2) and tried to view the drive via the blackberry USB cable. It said I had to format to view the drive, I stupidly said yes and it formatted my drive down to 1.6 gigs. Then I couldn't undo the mistake until I found a utility at ww w sdcard dot org / downloads and used the sdfv2000 utility to do a quick "erase reformat" on the card ... what a relief! Thought I had hosed it.

Put it back in the 8310 and it shows 5.6 gig space. Took it out, hooked up to the computer, added LOT's of music and video. Back in the 8130 and found it only plays media in the first 1.6 gigs of the card. The rest produces errors.

Then I tried formatting it "in" the 8310 and it dropped back down in size to 1.6 gigs.

Conclusion:
    So I will use the utility described above to reformat it back to 5.6 gb, set it aside for now, and go back to using my 2 gig card until (hopefully) a new handheld version of the software comes out that supports the 6 gig card.

I have read that the 4 gig card is working for people on this forum but have not tried it.

Cheers
    I went through similar problems. Immediately bought the 6 GB, tried everything - including formatting it externally- it doesn't work with my 35 day old BB 8310. Dropped back to the 4 GB and it works perfectly.

lovebug170 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    PM me

Question

Hello -

Would the 4gb MicroSDHC affect the network connection on a OS 4.5.0.81?? I checked the blackberry site for the chart and it says for the OS I have it can go up to 16 gb but I seem to have network problems even with the 4gb.... or is it because of something else?

Also, sometimes the camera or the vid would freeze and say cannot be accessed and to close other applications and try again.. it would only allow me to access once again after a reboot.

Thanks.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Media/micro SD cards are for media storage only-they do not affect the operation of your device. If you are having issues its something else. Be sure to close all applications when you are done because they will continue to run in the background if not closed.