I am having a synch problem with DM and Outlook. When synching the calander entries, ... BlackBerry Curve forum

lark no está en línea Stack level 1

DM wants to delete Outlook entries

Advertisement

I am having a synch problem with DM and Outlook.

When synching the calander entries, DM states it wants to delete entries on Outlook. This happens even when "Outlook Wins" is selected in Advanced Options under the synch settings. I have a date range of 365 back and 365 forward.

On the BB, there are 125 entries listed. I have cleared the calander, and re-sent the service books. It synchs correctly upon the first re-synch, but thereafter, DM wants to delete Outlook entries. Again, this is with Outlook Wins selected.

I accepted this option one time to see if thats what would happen, and yes - DM did delete Outlook entries. (I just restored them)

I also do not the option of saving entries forever in BB Calander.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: DM wants to delete Outlook entries

Do you know if the entries it wants to delete in outlook are individual events (not recurring) and older than one year? Have you clicked on details to see what entries are going to be deleted? The outlook wins is only when there is a conflict. This means when an entry has beem edited on both handheld and in outlook.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

I checked the details, and the events DM wants to delete are within the 3 month synch period I have set up. All the appointments DM wants to delete are in the past. None in the future. Some are repeating, but others are single meetings.

I have 123 entries on the BB.

spelling edited

This issue has been resolved. With the help of RIM support, (after getting by AT&T) I simply deleted DM and re-installed the version I had downloaded. I then cleared all calander entries on the BB.

On the first synch, I did an import of calander entries. On the next synch, that option was changed to synch. So far, synching seems to be working as it should. RIM said it will keep the case open for 48 hours.

Initially, RIM support felt my problem of deleting Outlook entries might be connected to the other known calander issues, but, as it turns out, the problem appears to be a corrupt install of DM.

Hopefully, the problem is solved forever.

Not to beat this issue to death, but the delete Outlook entries from DM has reappeared. I called RIM again, and their conclusion is that this issue is connected with the known calendar problem.

Is there anyone else out there having this same problem? According to tech support at RIM, any 8300 not using BES has this problem. Is this true? Is there another BIS user who is NOT having this issue?

RIM was very nice, but suggested I exchange the 8300 for an 8800 since my trial with AT&T is running out.

davet@whaarch no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    205199E7

I am using a 8100 without BES and having the same problem. I have over 3000 calendar entries going back 10 years and DM is trying to delete most of them. HELP!

brergo no está en línea Stack level 1
    I recently installed 4.5.0.66 on my 8130 and when I synced last night the DM deleted all calendar entries from the last week in August forward from my calendar in Outlook but they are still on the BB. I am using DM v 4.3.0.17.

Any update on this?