I recently upgrade the OS on my Curve from v4.2.2.89 to v4.2.2.114. When I go ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jfreeman3 no está en línea Stack level 2

DM Shows More Than One Installed System Software

Advertisement

I recently upgrade the OS on my Curve from v4.2.2.89 to v4.2.2.114. When I go to About Desktop Manger - Device Software Tab it shows both OS as intalled device system software. Is typical ??

Thanks

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6

Re: DM Shows More Than One Installed System Software

Quote Originally Posted by jfreeman3
    I recently upgrade the OS on my Curve from v4.2.2.89 to v4.2.2.114. When I go to About Desktop Manger - Device Software Tab it shows both OS as intalled device system software. Is typical ??

Thanks
    If you'll go to the "Control Panel">"Remove Programs" menu, you'll probably see both listed as separate installs. The Micro$oft operating systems typically do not recognize an upgrade as just a new version of something already installed. Values for program information is stored in the registry of the operating system. Information for each version will be sitting in the same place as far as the registry is concerned, but because the version number is different, will be treated as two independent programs.

You should be able to delete the older one from you machine if you want to, without causing any problems.