I have the 8900 and I am trying to load the BBM 5.0 on my ... BlackBerry Curve forum

redman3170 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    305CB049

DM Problems

Advertisement

I have the 8900 and I am trying to load the BBM 5.0 on my phone. But the problem I am running into is the when I try to do a backup it tells me that there is something wrong with my database and it can't back it up! Does anyone have any idea why it does this? It gives no error code just says the re is a problem with my database! Please if anyone has any ideas about this please let me know!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    When you're in DM, Backup and Restore, go to the Advanced section. Let the databases load up on the righthand side, then scroll down until you see Browser Data Cache. Highlight that by clicking on it, then press the Clear button. Try the backup again after you've done that.

PIN/ID
    305CB049
    Thanks RoGro for the help! I tried that and it didn't work! It will start backing up the phone and get to CustomWordsCollections and make it till the end and then it will say " error in backing up databases "!

DaX05 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Just go into your BB Browser, hit the menu button, "Options" & then "Cache Operations". Clear all your caches and try backing it up again. That should do the trick.
    "Give me ambiguity or give me something else!"

T-Mobile 9700 | OS 6.0.0.344

PIN/ID
    305CB049
    DaX05, Thanks for the help but it didn't work either!

DaX05 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    That's a weird issue. Try downloading Desktop Manager 5.0.0.11. In the meantime, download BBM 5.0 via OTA. There's some links that work & some that doesn't.
    "Give me ambiguity or give me something else!"

T-Mobile 9700 | OS 6.0.0.344

tbsavga no está en línea Stack level 1
    Go to www.stormota.com from your BB browser. That's how I did mine. Working great, cool features !
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by redman3170 View Post
    DaX05, Thanks for the help but it didn't work either!
    You must delete the "pushed" data as well as the history, etc.
    "Nowhere am I so desperately needed as among a shipload of illogical Humans." (Spock)

PIN/ID
    305CB049
    Ok Thanks for the help guys! I got the DM to do a backup by clearing out the phonelogs with had over 825 calls for some reason and that did the trick! Now I am trying to get DM to see the file for BBM 5.0! Any help with that?

pandoraaj009 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    When you're in DM, Backup and Restore, go to the Advanced section. Let the databases load up on the righthand side, then scroll down until you see Browser Data Cache. Highlight that by clicking on it, then press the Clear button. Try the backup again after you've done that.
    Thank you so, so much.

Just FYI if anyone is in the same position, here was my exact problem: Also, the backup would stop an show an error without a code when the backup reached "Categories." I also tried switching the device options to "Backup every 1 day" and then I unplugged my device, and restarted DM. While the backup automatically started up when I ran DM, the backup had the same error code.

Following the steps exactly as RoGro specified above was key to create a successful backup; clearing my browser's cache from my device did not work.

ajaxn2 no está en línea Stack level 2
    this was a great help to me as i was having the same issue.