I had the Storm. I loved the Storm. I had actually finally gotten the right ... BlackBerry Curve forum

lamoglinsgal no está en línea Stack level 3

Ditched the Storm for the 8900!

Advertisement

I had the Storm. I loved the Storm. I had actually finally gotten the right OS and tweaks to make it run smooth. But I took the plunge and switched back to T-Mob and snatched up the 8900. LOVE IT! I had forgotten how fast a BB is SUPPOSED to be! There were so many features I had missed! Something as simple as holding the "Q" button for .0005 seconds to switch to vibrate is so nice to have! My 8900 is absolutely flawless and lightning fast! I don't regret the switch at all.

The best part is it came with .231 out of the box (thought I'd have to do the upgrade myself) and it runs so flawless and fast I don't feel the need to jump on the beta! With the Storm, I was constantly chasing the latest leak to fix this or that bug.

I have had the Pearl, Pearl Flip, 8320 Curve and the Storm, and by far, the 8900 is my favorite. Well, that is until my dream machine, the "Driftwood" comes out.
    Last edited by lamoglinsgal; 07-23-2009 at 11:20 PM.

cbeslash no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    26936cc9
    Congrats. I also love my 8900. By far this is the best berry I have owned to date.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    I love my 8900, too!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

mccx33 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215b70b5
    Ditto! 8900 is the shizzz !

JT Stringfellow no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2159AB3B
    Congrats on your 8900 glad you like it I love mines as well.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Came over from the Bold, both are superb devices. I really like the size of the 8900.

srossmobile no está en línea Stack level 1
    I find the bb 8900 a great mcd (mobile communication device) as well. Fast with a slick design. I don't think we are missing anything without 3G either. Sounds like all of you who have switched FROM 3G phones would agree.

Dwaine12 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Good Try
    Good For you, glad you have the phone you wanted, but tell me 2 things? my friend wants to get to Pearl flip, he thinks its the coolest thing, should he? and i love my storm but ur right, its was a pain in the *** getting all the right stuff for it to run smooth, i even had to get the right theme ( i have have that theme from the new phone coming out the HERO)but other than that my storm its the bombs...so when the Storm 2 comes out how many of us will get that? my days of track Balls are over, touchscreens are taken over....

visionthing no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    Me too. Also went from Storm to 8900.

What OS did you use to make the Storm work?

lamoglinsgal no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwaine12 View Post
    Good For you, glad you have the phone you wanted, but tell me 2 things? my friend wants to get to Pearl flip, he thinks its the coolest thing, should he? and i love my storm but ur right, its was a pain in the *** getting all the right stuff for it to run smooth, i even had to get the right theme ( i have have that theme from the new phone coming out the HERO)but other than that my storm its the bombs...so when the Storm 2 comes out how many of us will get that? my days of track Balls are over, touchscreens are taken over....
    I sent the Pearl Flip back within a week. I'm not a big fan of SureType, so it really wasn't for me.

The official .148 ran the best for me, but the speed still pales in comparison to the 8900. A few of the hybrids ran faster, but came with other glitches. I definitely miss the larger screen of the Storm, but the screen is so clear and crisp on the 8900 it's worth it.

Dwaine12 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Good Try

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by visionthing View Post
    Me too. Also went from Storm to 8900.

What OS did you use to make the Storm work?
    didn't know if you were asking me so...the OS i'm using in my storm is 4.7.0.148...
    i love it, i've tested all the updates, and found none are as solid as this...good luck

mixoplex no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20F3C981
    Same here I ditched the storm. Went to TMOBILE unlimited LOYALTY PLAN...

50.00 unlimited minutes anytime/place/where and UMA.. No joke.. SHUTUP!!!

ryfoster no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    The loyalty plan, while def an awesome plan, didn't work for me since I had a family plan with 4 lines on it. But for those loyal TMo fans that are offered this plan, it's a pretty sweet deal in my opinion.
    ---
    R. Foster (2 Timothy 2:15)