If your losing random emails there is a temporary solution until RIM gets moving. They ... BlackBerry Curve forum

AceBB no está en línea Stack level 3

dissapearing emails fix!

Advertisement

If your losing random emails there is a temporary solution until RIM gets moving. They updated their servers and they've changed the way email is synced- this is also why people are having calendar issues.

You can do 2 things to ensure. Your emails stay on your BB.

1. Set your email server to keep messages on server for at least 1 day.

2. Login to you bb email account manger and remove the option to synchronize deleted items.

Whatks happening is that once emails are downloaded to outlook or any other 3rd party app, the BB assumes they're gone. And removes them from the handheld. There is currently no explanation as to why it only happens to some messages.

Hope this helps.
    .:*~*:._.:*~*:. AceBB .:*~*:._.:*~*:.
    Everything you ought to know @ http://www.christopheraceto.com

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

AceBB no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: dissapearing emails fix!

In the Curve's case I don't think it's a memory issue. I had 4 emails dissapear on my this morning from Monday and I have 22000 out of 560000 free. Spoke to a tech rep from RIM and he gave me the above instructions and mentioned that they are aware of the issue and are looking to resolve it, supposedly it's server side.
    .:*~*:._.:*~*:. AceBB .:*~*:._.:*~*:.
    Everything you ought to know @ http://www.christopheraceto.com

officer2701 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2405E989

Quote Originally Posted by AceBB
    Whatks happening is that once emails are downloaded to outlook or any other 3rd party app, the BB assumes they're gone. And removes them from the handheld. There is currently no explanation as to why it only happens to some messages.

Hope this helps.
    I have to agree with AceBB to a degree, I noticed the other day that I had lost some emails. Today, I opened and deleted some emails through Entourage and when I went to my blackberry they were gone. I do have my emails accounts to sync with device, so this makes sense. But Im sure RIM may have an issue to, but I cant verify the one's from the other day.

bjene no está en línea Stack level 2

My deletions all occurred only after I had opened and downloaded messages to Outlook on my computer. During experimenting, I had the server and non-synch options set and did not notice any disappearing email during that time period.

Bernie
    It's an interglacial period, *#%&@!

jayfreeman no está en línea Stack level 3

I have never had the synchronize option activated but am losing emails...BIS 2.0 O2-UK
    Last edited by jayfreeman; 07-14-2007 at 05:59 PM.

bjene no está en línea Stack level 2

I received my replacement Curve on Thursday. Lost about 2 1/2 dozen emails from yesterday when I checked this morning. No different than my last one This was still set to the default of synching emails, so I turned off the synch. Have to see if that makes any difference.
    It's an interglacial period, *#%&@!

alevy1122 no está en línea Stack level 2

i just started having the same problem, and i'm using BES through work. never had this happen before yesterday, when i lost every email and sms that wasn't from that day. i'm trying to figure out if it has something to do with the fact that the day BEFORE yesterday i installed the updated at&t OS on my curve and the updated DM on my puter ... if anyone has any thoughts, i'm all ears!

jayfreeman no está en línea Stack level 3

Installed the optus os 5 days ago and no more disappearing emails!

via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

kashfr no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24048BEC

I second that solution using the Optus OS... No more disappearing e-mails whatsoever...