For my iPod, whenever I disconnect it from my PC I have to hit the ... BlackBerry Curve forum

seaoffire no está en línea Stack level 1

Disconnecting Curve from PC

Advertisement

For my iPod, whenever I disconnect it from my PC I have to hit the eject button in iTunes. Is there something similar to this for blackberrys? If I just disconnect it from my PC will it eventually mess up the phone? I've noticed there's no real "eject" button in the desktop manager software, so do I just use Window's "Safely Remove Hardware" feature? Thanks.

eduardog21 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215C7A2A

Re: Disconnecting Curve from PC

The 'Remove Devices Safely' is what I use just to be save but some computers are set up where if the device is not in use, you can just disconnect them. My memory card reader is set up like that. Just be safe and remove using windows before you corrupt some info.

psi chick no está en línea Stack level 4

i've always just pulled the wire out when i'm done. never had a problem. as long as the device doesn't say "connected to desktop" then it's not connected so you can just remove it.

eduardog21 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215C7A2A

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Psi has a point withe the 'connected to desktop' but if you use the automatic mass storage option that message isn't on when connected so make sure it's not in use psi. Better to be safe than sorry.

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

I always just disconnect it and I've had no problems. I don't know if that's best practice though.