Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

sometimes, the entries in my calender disappeared and re appeared. my curve is bugging out. ... BlackBerry Curve forum

kabirjohnson no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    249e4ba5

Re: Disappearing email messages - almost all

Advertisement

sometimes, the entries in my calender disappeared and re appeared. my curve is bugging out. i also lose sms/mms logs.

lsand no está en línea Stack level 1

I have disappearing emails also. Mine seem to be tied to OE. When I open my emails on my desktop, they disappear right before my very eyes from my 8703. Anyone have any ideas?

bjene no está en línea Stack level 2

I lost more today emails today. I had my inbox open, recieved a phone call, and then the previous four hours of received emails were gone after I had finished the phone call. I am not using the BES.
    It's an interglacial period, *#%&@!

jasonheyd no está en línea Stack level 1

earlier today my 8300 appeared to get stuck in standby mode. had to pop the battery out to get it to come back and, when it did, all of my messages prior to today's were gone on the berry. memory seems to be fine, and popping the battery again didn't bring the messages back.

i'm on BES, and the messages are still in my Exchange mailbox, accessible using Outlook but completely AWOL on the berry.

mefiant no está en línea Stack level 1

I had the same problem. What I did was have T-Mobile reset my e-mail by resending the service books. They also mentioned that this might be a memory issue, and I believe this was the case.

After the call, I realized that there were in fact, a lot of photos stored in Device Memory. I then moved them all to my memory chip using the Blackberry Desktop's 'Media Manager.' Because the memory was close to full, the device reacts by safeguarding itself or decides there is not enough room to store the information.

I am also finding that the browser will not work if the Cache (under Browser Options) is too full. Go in and erase it to get it working again. It is a pain, and yes, there should be something in the software to automatically erase it.

-Mefiant the GREAT

adamjay79 no está en línea Stack level 3

I experienced this for the first time yesterday. Went to check email mid day, and noticed ALL of my old emails were gone, with the exception of the ones I have saved. I am not on BES either. Not sure what the cause is. I have cleared logs, and have 54919168 total and 14753316 free. I am running Mapquest Navigator, and Berry-a-code for third party apps. All unused languages removed.

cky1billion no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24236b05

I was loosing my logs almost daily. This is after shutting down all unused programs, and uninstalling all the extra languages. What my issue was though, that i had more then a few themes installed, and some themes it would seem used way more memory then others. I am sticking with the default unlocked vendor themes, and havent had an issue with lost logs, sms, or email in a week or more. That and using the Vodaphone green today theme, I think my 8320 runs fast as hell.

Just my experiences. Good luck.

abstrakted no está en línea Stack level 1

It seems this issue has been going on for quite a while. Strange that it hasn't been "officially" addressed yet. I just got an AT&T Curve 2 weeks ago, and outside of Google Maps and a couple of trial apps, have barely loaded or installed anything on it. I have a 2gig card, and have all my media going to it. I have one email account syncing. My system is as up to date as I can have it--far as I can tell (4.2.2.89(186)). I have 15.5mbs free. I've set my options to save sms/mms for 2 months.
    Yet, for the third time in these 2 weeks, they have all disappeared--outside of the same random one each time--which was in no way the first--just entirely in the middle of a thread. I have reset my options, I have removed the battery for 30 seconds. Nothing. Of all the glitches to have on a phone, I find this one very strange. Emails, phone numbers, media, is all backed up somewhere or another--but unless you have a 3rd party app to backup sms, they are unique to the phone.
    Is there no new news on this?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by abstrakted View Post
    It seems this issue has been going on for quite a while. Strange that it hasn't been "officially" addressed yet. I just got an AT&T Curve 2 weeks ago, and outside of Google Maps and a couple of trial apps, have barely loaded or installed anything on it. I have a 2gig card, and have all my media going to it. I have one email account syncing. My system is as up to date as I can have it--far as I can tell (4.2.2.89(186)). I have 15.5mbs free. I've set my options to save sms/mms for 2 months.
    Yet, for the third time in these 2 weeks, they have all disappeared--outside of the same random one each time--which was in no way the first--just entirely in the middle of a thread. I have reset my options, I have removed the battery for 30 seconds. Nothing. Of all the glitches to have on a phone, I find this one very strange. Emails, phone numbers, media, is all backed up somewhere or another--but unless you have a 3rd party app to backup sms, they are unique to the phone.
    Is there no new news on this?
    There was a memory leak issue with out the box OS.

Upgrade to the newest one Latest 8300 OS: Singapore Telecom 4.2.2.173

There's a stickied thread up top.

Thanks reddog. stickied thread...hmm. new to the lingo--just hopped on this forum! But I'll find it now that I know. Also, wouldn't OS updates be something well advertised by either BB or the provider! Even hunting around, I don't get the impression they "pop out"! Anyway, thanks again....

PIN/ID
    STACK

Yea, but that OS is for Singapore so BB and US providers wouldn't advertise it.

There is plenty of versions of the OS for each device around the world. Here we consolidate them and usually keep the latest one up top. Since you're new look around and read all you can.

You will need this thread if you're going to update.
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...rade_your.html

thanks, yeah I found it on the ATT site--looks like v4.2.2.301 is what they're offering. I guess I meant that, when I sync my phone, it will tell me that this app or another has an update. Strange that it wouldn't do the same for the OS. Or when I log onto the ATT site, it has my phone on record--and as it used to do with Treo, it would alert me that an update is available.
    Anyway...78mb upgrade almost downloaded! Let's see....
    Thanks again...

PIN/ID
    STACK

is that the platform version or the app version...2.301 doesn't sound familiar.

platform and app version are 2 different things also there is a package version to make things even more confusing.

EDIT: you can check here for a list

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...f_21aug07.html
    Last edited by reddog187; 11-14-2007 at 11:53 PM.

adamjay79 no está en línea Stack level 3

One thing I have noticed is that even though I use BIS, if I move something from outlook on my desktop into a folder, it will delete it from my BB. I am not sure if it is supposed to do this, but it does so for both my personal and work email.

PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by adamjay79 View Post
    One thing I have noticed is that even though I use BIS, if I move something from outlook on my desktop into a folder, it will delete it from my BB. I am not sure if it is supposed to do this, but it does so for both my personal and work email.
    Yea that email reconcilation at work. It keeps everything in sync.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast