I got a curve from a friend today and he had a password set up ... BlackBerry Curve forum

BBerry07 no está en línea Stack level 2

Disabling password is locked? Getting email off of pin?

Advertisement

I got a curve from a friend today and he had a password set up on it. I went into the security menu to try to turn it off and there is a little red lock next to enable so it doesnt give me the option to disable it. I have tried everything including wiping the device with the dm and starting over. Also i tried to set up my email and it says email is already registered to this pin or something along those lines. He doesnt know how to fix either of these problems. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Ksea no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    246bd335
    After it is wiped doesn't it ask for a new password when you turn it on?

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ksea View Post
    After it is wiped doesn't it ask for a new password when you turn it on?
    First time around I thought the same thing. But his/her issue is that he wants to disable the requirement for a password. You cannot do this without removing the IT Policy. Anything that has a red lock means the action is blocked due to IT Policy. You will need the clear the IT policy before you will be allowed to disable password requirement, please see this post http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ad.php?t=66329
    Last edited by kieranwest; 06-29-2008 at 09:56 PM.

PIN/ID
    As for the BIS (email being tied to the PIN) You have three options
    1) Old owner of the BlackBerry can change the PIN in his BIS account to reflect his new one(If he/she has a new one), hence migrating his accounts over and releasing the PIN.
    2) Get your friend to reset the password and delete all accounts from BIS
    3) Most unlikely to work but call your wireless carrier and get them to release the PIN/IMEI from the system (Typically they will reset the password instead). Sometimes this doesn't work unless you can prove ownership

I did each step in the link you provided and the password lock and IT are still there? The phone was never tied to a BES nor is it now. I dont know what to do now. How does that change actually make it to the device? If you look at step 7 what is verification there for?
    Last edited by BBerry07; 06-30-2008 at 12:44 AM.

PIN/ID
    Sorry...I assumed you were on a BES as that is a typical symptom. Please try the below and let me know if it works out

It's a bit tricky. If you have the Media Card options of the Advanced Settings has Encryption Mode set to Security Password, then you not be able to disable the general password.

So, to disable the password:
    Options --> Advanced Options --> Media Card --> Encryption Mode = 'None'

Then go back t:
    Options --> Security Options --> General Settings --> Enable/Disable should appear.

Tried it and encryption mode was already on none. I give up. Ill get my pearl back tomorrow. Thanks for the help.

Ksea no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    246bd335
    This may sound crazy but when I got my pearl I had the same problem with the little red lock saying IT policy was on it. After asking & reading on how to get rid of " IT "for 3 wks & nothing would work the dawn came. When I got the phone it had been wiped. I entered a 4 digit PW that were numbers in my mind forgetting about the alt key on the phone. Tried to use DM typed in the numbers on the comp....didn't work. How sad it took 3wks for me to type the correct letters into DM as I had done on the phone. The DM opened up & the little red lock was GONE never to be seen again. Good lesson for me though. Think my face might still be a little red

coreyking7 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    i work in the cellular business and the only time i ever see the red lock is if you have the enterprise code on your acct. you should call your service provider and make sure they have the personal or enterprise plus code on your acct... hope this helps...