I just bought a 8320 w os 4.5 and I just want to disable the ... BlackBerry Curve forum

shanemcmn no está en línea Stack level 1

disabling password help

Advertisement

I just bought a 8320 w os 4.5 and I just want to disable the password feature but when I go to change it the security section won't let me change anything. Everything has a lock next to it. I'm hoping one of u can help! Thank you in advance
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~.

blkbryadict no está en línea Stack level 3
    did you get it new or used?

ice44 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by shanemcmn View Post
    I just bought a 8320 w os 4.5 and I just want to disable the password feature but when I go to change it the security section won't let me change anything. Everything has a lock next to it. I'm hoping one of u can help! Thank you in advance
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~.
    Does it have a IT Policy applied to it ?

Go to Options>Security Options>General Options and look next to IT Policy Name to see if there is a IT Policy has been applied to the device. If so this means the device was once connected to a BES and the BES Admin has locked certain functions of the phone. You will need to remove the IT Policy

I use JL_Commander to wipe the device back to factory settings. Make sure you read the HOW TO USE JL_Commander before you go an wipe the device. You will need to have the correct OS for your device as well when you do this so that it can be relaoded.

Click on HOW TO's in my signature to the HOW TO's page on PinStack.....go down to LavaGirl's post entitle - Use JL_Commaner to Wipe a Blackberry

Again make sure to read this and do your reseach because you could "Brick" your Blackberry if you dont is incorrectly.
    Last edited by ice44; 03-19-2009 at 02:42 PM.
    The young man knows the rules, and the old man will enforce them!

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    Here are the instructions from JerryD's block on how to remove an IT Policy. If you are on a company BES however, removing the policy is not recommended due to company security policies that may be in place.

http://forums.pinstack.com/blogs/3389/blog1143.html

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    I second ICE on what to do, but just a quick question, one, are you using BES service? Ie, a company email account?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

shanemcmn no está en línea Stack level 1
    No I'm not on a BES. I don't want a 200 $ brick. Thanks guys ill give it a shot

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Don't worry shane... We won't let you brick it...