Yeah, I'm full of questions today... Is there a way to disable the data traffic ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Collie no está en línea Stack level 2

Disabling data traffic

Advertisement

Yeah, I'm full of questions today...

Is there a way to disable the data traffic on my BB, but to keep sending&receiving my e-mails? As I mentioned before, data transfer is extremely expensive for me, and I'd like to make sure that nothing will get through except my e-mails (e-mail related traffic is free, flatrate).

Sorry if this has already been discussed, I tried looking through the topics but couldn't find it.

saukrateaz no está en línea Stack level 3
    I don't think so. You can disable pretty much everything if on BES but on BIS you don't have those controls.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Thanks. I guess I'll have to turn my internal firewall on then. Cheers!

saukrateaz no está en línea Stack level 3
    You can definatley do that. If you go to applications and edit the permissions you might be able to block them.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

amistry no está en línea Stack level 1
    I know I have the option to disable data when roaming. I use that when I travel internationally to keep from racking up a thousand dollar data bill .

I'm not sure about BIS though. You can access the option under "Manage Connections" then choose Data services and there are options for Off, On, or Off when Roaming. Hope that helps!

Quote Originally Posted by amistry View Post
    I know I have the option to disable data when roaming. I use that when I travel internationally to keep from racking up a thousand dollar data bill .

I'm not sure about BIS though. You can access the option under "Manage Connections" then choose Data services and there are options for Off, On, or Off when Roaming. Hope that helps!
    Yes, I noticed that option, but if I turn that off I can't send&receive e-mails ("EDGE" becomes "edge"). And yes, I set it to "off when roaming" too