How do you disable the keyboard lock on an 8310. I know that you can ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Sylvian no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Disable keyboard lock on 8310

Advertisement

How do you disable the keyboard lock on an 8310. I know that you can set the timeout for up to an hour, but what I would like to do is disable it completely...

...but how?

Thanks

S.

Prorock no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Disable keyboard lock on 8310

If you go into options>security>general settings, then disable your password. I think that might do it.

Sylvian no está en línea Stack level 1

Already tried that I'm afraid. Disabling the password just means that you don't need to enter a password when unlocking. The handset still locks after the timeout is reached.

sgtdisturbed47 no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvian View Post
    Already tried that I'm afraid. Disabling the password just means that you don't need to enter a password when unlocking. The handset still locks after the timeout is reached.
    I've got it worse on my 8300. I have to enter a password if the handset is idle for 20 minutes. Can't disable it either. Even with a complete wipe and new OS install, I am prompted when it boots into the main screen for the first time to enter a new password. No way around it at all.