Why am I unable to disable my firewall? I shows the little red lock icon ... BlackBerry Curve forum

theasg no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2405182E

Disable firewall?

Advertisement

Why am I unable to disable my firewall? I shows the little red lock icon beside it and doesn't give me a menu option to disable it. I am on BIS and have never been on BES. All my permissions are set to Allow. I cannot enable buddy icons in JiveTalk because of this firewall issue. Any ideas?

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Disable firewall?

Did you purchase this device new or used, and if used did the prior owner have it on BES as the policy may still be in effect?

PIN/ID
    2405182E

Bought it new from AT&T and it's always been mine. The only items under Services are:
    BBFS1 [GTALKNA1] (AES)
    Secure GC Enabled

lauren25 no está en línea Stack level 5

Did you try Options- Security Options- Firewall- and then from there you should be able to Enable/Disable it.
    ~Lauren

PIN/ID
    2405182E

lauren25,
    I've tried that, but the only menu options I see are:

Reset Settings
    Edit Default Permissions
    Reset All Counts

Oh, I'm sorry. The only other suggestion I have is to call AT&T. If it's under the 30 day limit you'll get a new phone, and it also should be under warrenty for 1 year. That's how my plan works. Goodluck.
    ~Lauren

Ok, I may have another suggestion. After doing some searching I see that a lot of other Stackers have had a similiar problem as yours. A lot of people seem to think that it's not the acutally Firewall that needs to be disabled, but the "IT Policy." Take a look here: http://blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Remove_IT_Policy. Try and see if that helps any.
    ~Lauren

RageXP no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by theasg View Post
    Why am I unable to disable my firewall? I shows the little red lock icon beside it and doesn't give me a menu option to disable it. I am on BIS and have never been on BES. All my permissions are set to Allow. I cannot enable buddy icons in JiveTalk because of this firewall issue. Any ideas?

I think you have IT Policy enabled on your handheld.... go to option/status and type in B U Y R

at the bottom of the screen ...you should see something that says IT Policy...at this moment..you cant do much but to wait for Handheld code 4.3

PIN/ID
    2405182E

Thanks for the hint Rage and Lauren. I'm not sure how I enabled the IT Policy.

verduinski no está en línea Stack level 1

I have exactly the same problem on a T-Mobile Pearl with BIS and the newest 4.2 from T-Mob. I don't remember doing anything that would have activated any IT policy. I have never been on BES and bought the pearl new. The only thing I can think of is that my wife's 8700 was a hand-me-down from her father and I needed to wipe her policy.bin via the methods suggested in prior threads. Is it possible that putting that policy.bin file on our computer (thru regedit) screwed up my BIS, self-purchased pearl? Is there any way to reverse it? Currently there is no way for me to use Mobipocket, the only decent, working ebook reader for BB, due to it violating the unchangeable firewall settings dictated by my mysteriously appearing IT policy!

Any ideas are much appreciated.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    Ok, sorry to bring this old topic up but didn't realize that when I moved to my new curve through the switch device wizard that I took the same services with me that the original op took. I am not worried about the firewall setting but having to change my password every couple of weeks is getting to be a real pain in the butt. For background purposes, the 8700 I had before had never been on a BES and niether has the curve. I did back up both units on my work comp which has had to be used to remove IT policies off of other BB's in the past.

Anyone have any idea on how to remove this service from my phone?

Zo
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

thestewside no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256C11B1
    I had the same issue with my 8700 in the past and just helped my friend with his. All we had to do is make sure that we had wap.voicestream.com in the phones APN and have not had any issues with trying to download 3rd party apps. If that does not help, the above mention link by Laura25 should do it.
    http://blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Remove_IT_Policy

shawndotting no está en línea Stack level 2
    i have tried and i am good to go.......woop peee..................no more firewall what firewall

Sherobin no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2157E9CE
    I had the same problem just yesterday and followed the instructions above and it worked and took all of 15 mins even if I did restore the wrong update after lol. What a coincidence that I have two back-ups on the same date 26/10. Selected the 2008 one instead of 2009 and was shocked when all my BBM contacts had disappeared, lol. Typical eh!!!
    BB Forever - One Love (Sher)

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    glad it worked for you . .
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!