I noticed that on OS 5.0.0.100 for the 8900 the browser ran a little slow. ... BlackBerry Curve forum

zipporic no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24B606F3

Disable APN on 8900

Advertisement

I noticed that on OS 5.0.0.100 for the 8900 the browser ran a little slow. So out of curiosity I disabled my APN and ran through some pages. It runs and loads pages so fast it almost feels like 3G (not quite but page loads are much faster). Pandora and a couple other apps won't work without the APN enabled but some like Myspace, still do and run even faster. Give it a shot and let me know if it speeds things up for you. Also would like to know if it has the same effect in 4.6.1 too.
    BlackBerry8900/5.0.0.100 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100
    Last edited by zipporic; 08-02-2009 at 09:18 AM. Reason: Added Text

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Interesting. I suppose it theoretically could speed things up if the device didn't first check the connection against/through the APN. Going to try this on my device when I get home.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Well in the name of the science, I'm in too.
    BlackBerry9000/5.0.0.130 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

zipporic no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24B606F3
    Great. Let me know if you guys notice any difference in load speeds on your browsers, would be ecstatic if I found out a fix for the slow browser, especially on the 5.0 os.
    BlackBerry8900/5.0.0.100 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    I tried it out loading the same page (after clearing the cache) and it seemed to load about 2-3 seconds faster.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS