Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

i just got my blackberry curve 8300 yesterday and I love how the trackball is ... BlackBerry Curve forum

adriii no está en línea Stack level 2

dirty trackball

Advertisement

i just got my blackberry curve 8300 yesterday and I love how the trackball is so clean and pretty. However I've been reading things about the trackballs getting dirty from the oil and dirt so I was just wondering how dirty does the trackball get??? When the phone lights are off, is it noticeable?

siccmade no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: dirty trackball

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ive noticed the track ball will start to turn a yellowish color....more visable when lights are off.

MR. H no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    301a4489

fyi it depends on your prefession, im in manufacturing so my hands are dirty sometimes when I get a email and or call. Mytrack ball is brown, there is a post about cleaning it i advise against this it was a nightmare putting the little bitty magnetic rollers back in place i cant even explain. if anyone knowsa better way to clean it id like to know my self because my track balllooks like a little meatball in a MCD burrito lol
    STILL THE KING

siccmade no está en línea Stack level 4

yes....sounds allot like mine, i also work in a non bb friendly environment, i tried to take my track ball out to clean and ended up braking off the little plastic teeth to the cover that goes over the track ball ....now im currently awaiting a new bb to come in the mail because my trackball will not stay in place. so i too am looking for a better solution to cleaning the trackball without the removing of any parts.

xtasyboi_00 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    PM

Quote Originally Posted by siccmade View Post
    yes....sounds allot like mine, i also work in a non bb friendly environment, i tried to take my track ball out to clean and ended up braking off the little plastic teeth to the cover that goes over the track ball ....now im currently awaiting a new bb to come in the mail because my trackball will not stay in place. so i too am looking for a better solution to cleaning the trackball without the removing of any parts.
    Well, mine gets dirty to0 but i try to touch the phone with clean hands.. I just dont want to dismantle this lil thing, i might end up messing it up..

mr.man78563645 no está en línea Stack level 1

well on my phone, all i do is get a can of compressed air that i buy from office depot and spray that and the force of the air takes off the dirt. all you have to do is spray it and roll the trackball around and it should be clean. you should do this every other week or so.

nvisi0n no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30B4DB5C

The whole assembly is only $11 @ cnn.cn

cjeezy no está en línea Stack level 3

A little "Goo Gone" on the end of a Q-tip works great

adriii no está en línea Stack level 2

Where can I find some "Goo Gone?"

And for the compressed can of air... i can do this without removing the trackball?

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

I use a small amount of alcohol on a q-tip and like xtasyboy I also try to always touch it with clean hands. If my hands are dirty when I get a notification it can wait till I clean or wipe my hands first. I don't wait too long though

~via Lavaberry (wap.pinstack.com)~

els718 no está en línea Stack level 2

honestly, u wont notice it for a while......until u sit ur Curve next to a brand new Curve......then you'll really see a big difference....i had my 8300 since August, i knew the trackball wasnt as clean as it was when i first got it, but didnt think anything of it.....but when my friend got his 8310 this past January, i couldnt believe the difference...its crazy!....not that big a deal...for me @least..

lunchbox92553 no está en línea Stack level 1

i have a 8100 pearl and when a i got it the ball was clean but over time it just starts to get brownish yellow more
    [FONT=serif]noticeable[/FONT]
    when the light is off.

ktorres1120 no está en línea Stack level 4

Alcohol on a Q-Tip works perfect as Lavagirl mentioned. And I'm a freak about keeping my BB clean so I do this frequently.
    BB BOLD 9000
    TMOBILE

rand0m no está en línea Stack level 3

+1 for Q-tip and Alcohol.. works like a charm

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro

+2 :d

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast