I don't know about you guys but I prefer to use a directional buttons instead ... BlackBerry Curve forum

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D

Directional button instead of trackball!

Advertisement

I don't know about you guys but I prefer to use a directional buttons instead of a track ball. Track balls seems to stop working and/or have other problems. I use to have a Sidekick and I should know. Sometimes I look at my track ball and just ask why did they didn't they go with directional buttons instead? I do prefer the track ball over the scroll button that the BB use to have on the side.

Anyone agree?
    T-Mobile HTC Touch Pro2 & I'm not coming back! :D

--HeavyC.

frijolito no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Directional button instead of trackball!

Trackballs are awesome, if they work. Unfortunately in Blackberrys they dont.

It seems the crappy flimsy piece of poop design on the blackberrys just doesn't stand the test of time! normally 2 weeks or more....

RIM should just outsource there phone manufacturing to nokia or someone who knows how to produce durable phones that last!

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

Honestly, after using my Curve. I can say that I prefer the trackball to arrows or the trackwheel. I just wish they would have gone optical with it.

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Could never go wrong with directional buttons.

cfrench no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

In my family there are 4 8830 including myself and I also have a pearl 2 that I carry along with it. It is a rare occasion that I have any problems. If I do, it comes out of it right away. Its not an issue! I really like the track ball.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

blacktouch007 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    7B30C2E9

i like the trackball but i wish they put something more stabile like the old Trackpoint Mouse in the old ibm laptops i think that would have been better suited for the blackberry

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

I've been using the same pearl since last August with no problems with the trackball. It was an adustment for me at first, I had gotten so used to the side wheel but the trackball is much more sensitive than the wheel AND quicker. Why not try playing around with the sensitivity setting on the trackball to see if that helps it last longer for you.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com