Been an avid Pearl user for over a year. Love the size and form factor. ... BlackBerry Curve forum

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Did I make a mistake?

Advertisement

Been an avid Pearl user for over a year. Love the size and form factor. I'm through AT&T and through my Premier status, was eligible for an upgrade. Never one to pass on such a deal, I started looking what they had.

They had the 8100 (same as I have now) for $79.00 and the 8310 for $50. I've been toying with the idea of getting a Curve for a while, and it was cheaper .

So I just ordered the Titanium version.

My question: Should I have waited for something new to come out? I mean, $50 is a steal and It's hard to pass on such a deal. And through my Premier account, I don't think I even had to re-up my 2 year contract.

I guess if I don't like it, I can always resell it...

Opinions?!
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax
    I was a raving Pearl fan for the 9+ months that I owned mine.

I got a new 8310 as a warranty replacement, and I was wondering if I would like the transition.

I didn't have to give up my upgrade eligibility that comes around next month, so I'm happy.

I think you'll like the 8310 a lot. If you didn't have to re-up your 2 years, then yeah, nicely done.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

ktorres1120 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Great move!
    BB BOLD 9000
    TMOBILE

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    I kinda got a little impulsive when I saw that I could get the Curve for only $50 so I went ahead and ordered it. Only then did I think that perhaps I should have waited it out to see if something better comes along in a month or so.

There's nothing wrong with my Pearl. I just can't pass up a $50 phone... especially a berry!
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by mjwood0 View Post
    Been an avid Pearl user for over a year. Love the size and form factor. I'm through AT&T and through my Premier status, was eligible for an upgrade. Never one to pass on such a deal, I started looking what they had.

They had the 8100 (same as I have now) for $79.00 and the 8310 for $50. I've been toying with the idea of getting a Curve for a while, and it was cheaper .

So I just ordered the Titanium version.

My question: Should I have waited for something new to come out? I mean, $50 is a steal and It's hard to pass on such a deal. And through my Premier account, I don't think I even had to re-up my 2 year contract.

I guess if I don't like it, I can always resell it...

Opinions?!

Of course you didn't make a mistake! There is no such thing as having too many bbs. Besides, the Curve is awesome!

lauren25 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Mjwood- what does Premier Status mean? How did you get this status as an AT&T customer? You are verrry lucky to get a BB for that cheap. I've been a customer for AT&T for over 5 years and I have to pay ALOT of money for BB's, and all phones.
    ~Lauren

lauren25 no está en línea Stack level 5
    ^^To answer my own question, I think Permier Status means you work for a company that offers a discount for phone's. Is this correct?
    ~Lauren

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    you're going to love your curve-a lot!!!

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Quote Originally Posted by lauren25 View Post
    Mjwood- what does Premier Status mean? How did you get this status as an AT&T customer? You are verrry lucky to get a BB for that cheap. I've been a customer for AT&T for over 5 years and I have to pay ALOT of money for BB's, and all phones.
    Premier status comes from my employer. Basically, the perks vary based on your employers agreement with AT&T. For me, it's 15% off my primary calling plan and 50% off devices. It also says when I get waived early termination fees as well. Other's have reported that Premier customers can upgrade more frequently and judging by my current upgrade, I don't have to renew my contract every time I upgrade.

It's a real benefit in my opinion. I just wish I got 15% off not only the calling plan, but the BB plan and other addons like my wife's line. That's all full price.
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    It's official! I just got shipping confirmation and the FEDEX tracking indicates that it should arrive tomorrow by 4:30 pm!

I also ordered an Otterbox Defender case so I can protect it ASAP.

It's odd... People complain about AT&T and their lousy service, but it took about 4 hours for my order to be shipped and it will arrive in two days. There's nothing bad about that!

Now to figure out how to transfer all my apps to my new device! The big ones I'm trying to sort out are Todo Matrix and Empower Pro
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

ET436 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Nope you got a good deal on your curve keep it and pimp it out I got mine a month ago and it rocks.
    -------
    I got mine for 79 bucks
    Last edited by ET436; 03-12-2008 at 01:05 PM. Reason: Automerged.

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    I'm soo jealous. Well, I got my 8310 for free. Hehe..

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyo0tdemon View Post
    I'm soo jealous. Well, I got my 8310 for free. Hehe..
    I would have preferred free, but I'm not complaining!
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade