Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Do you regret the change? If so why? And if not why?... BlackBerry Curve forum

Webby no está en línea Stack level 3

Did anyone go from Sprint Mogul to Curve 8330?

Advertisement

Do you regret the change? If so why? And if not why?

salbo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31884ae9
    I don't have the curve. I got the pearl and then learned about the curve =( but I have had the mogul before and it is nice. But in my opinion the BB kicks the heck out of any windows mobile device. Even the htc devices. Which I think are da bomb. I have had almost no problems with my BB and more than enough with the htc. But don't ask questions about which is better on a BB forum. You are gonna get a very bias opinion haha~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

driveaccord no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I had the mogul for two weeks before exchanging it w my 8330. I didnt care for the mogul. It always seemed to freeze up or not run as fast. I guess i should have known to stay away from a windows made device.no complaints other than no mms w the bb. My next purchase will def be a mac

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    My brother has the Mogul...we compete constantly on who's performs the best. My Curve out surfs his on the web, when I am transferring files and data to him, his is locking-up and deleting BT connection. He's had to hard reset his device countless times, and he is never satisfied w/it's performance. I am going to convert him sooner or later. I have had 2 windows mobile devices, and I must say, BlackBerry is the one the impresses me the most. (I have the Pearl 8130/Curve 8330.)

p.s.-His freezes up all the time as well...he's always doing soft-resets.

BerrySmartUser no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbee View Post
    My brother has the Mogul...we compete constantly on who's performs the best. My Curve out surfs his on the web, when I am transferring files and data to him, his is locking-up and deleting BT connection. He's had to hard reset his device countless times, and he is never satisfied w/it's performance. I am going to convert him sooner or later. I have had 2 windows mobile devices, and I must say, BlackBerry is the one the impresses me the most. (I have the Pearl 8130/Curve 8330.)

p.s.-His freezes up all the time as well...he's always doing soft-resets.
    Well said. I too had the Sprint Mogul, for about a month. Mr. Microsoft really needs to work on his mobile platform as it is very unstable. They also need to do something about the screen issue, because on a nice sunny day outside, good luck trying to read it. My TMO Curve 8320 works perfectly even on the brightest days. My battery life also outperforms my old Mogul as well. I would typically charge the Mogul daily, I can go 3 days on my Curve with heavy use (calls, internet / wi-fi, text, music). I also had issues with push mail, Bluetooth, and memory problems with the Mogul.

This is my first Blackberry and I was hesitant at first, but now I will never go back. I am truly happy with this device, and TMO's service is 100 million times better than Sprint.

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Quote Originally Posted by dantek View Post
    Well said. I too had the Sprint Mogul, for about a month. Mr. Microsoft really needs to work on his mobile platform as it is very unstable. They also need to do something about the screen issue, because on a nice sunny day outside, good luck trying to read it. My TMO Curve 8320 works perfectly even on the brightest days. My battery life also outperforms my old Mogul as well. I would typically charge the Mogul daily, I can go 3 days on my Curve with heavy use (calls, internet / wi-fi, text, music). I also had issues with push mail, Bluetooth, and memory problems with the Mogul.

This is my first Blackberry and I was hesitant at first, but now I will never go back. I am truly happy with this device, and TMO's service is 100 million times better than Sprint.

Same thing: I was hesitant @ first. Get this, this is a funny: I thought the BlackBerry ran on a Palm OS. Duuuuh! Now I know the truth. BB blows away all the competition.

Webby no está en línea Stack level 3
    I am contemplating exchanging my Sprint Mogul for a 8330. I might do it tomorrow. It is somehow a pain to me. lol

BerrySmartUser no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    I am contemplating exchanging my Sprint Mogul for a 8330. I might do it tomorrow. It is somehow a pain to me. lol

You won't regret it. Come'on over to the otherside where a device actually works as advertised..

NewYorkChic no está en línea Stack level 2
    I think I am on my way as well, I've had the mogul for almost an year now and I have had so many problems with it freezing and so on..but I am crossing ova to the real corporate world..all of my co-workers have bb's

Brooose no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3032A20A
    Comparing battery life between a CDMA Mogul and a GSM Curve 8320 is comparing Apples to Oranges. Non 3G GSM phones always get better battery life than CDMA phones. I have had the mogul, the htc touch and now the Sprint Curve. The Sprint CDMA gets better battery life than either Windows Mobile device but I do miss some of the multimedia things that the BB doesn't do. The keyboard on the Curve rocks. The only better keyboard is on the motorola q9c imho. As you can see, I am a bit of a gadgwt whore.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

NewYorkChic no está en línea Stack level 2
    well i finally switch I am happy with it...i havent yet really played with it, but it is just different... I understand Im not able to send pic mail...but thats cool i can send it from my email and also typing on feels a little diffrent but i already got the hang of it

debarah no está en línea Stack level 1

mogul vs curve

well i have the sprint mogul and the sprint curve.. there are features that i like about my mogul.. for instance, phone as a modem without having to pay extra for the service, and the touch screen.. if blackberry came out with a touch screen i would go to nothing but the blkberry.. i like my blkberry also.. so right now i am keeping both.. i also have a treo centro.. no comparison to the mogul and certainly no comparison to the blkberry

vladfan no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    319f5b15
    I have had the Mogul and the Touch and I am supposed to get my Curve today and I can't wait. I have had enough of windows mobile.
    I left my Nextel 7100i for the Mogul and when that did not work sprint gave me a Touch. I am coming back to the BB because of what it can do compared to the Touch. For example: GPS, Voice Command, Keyboard, and many other things. Like I said, I cannot wait.

tavella81 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Switch and don't look back. While the people at ppcgeeks and xda-developers have been doing GREAT things for the Mogul, I just can't stand the phone at all anymore. I have always owned PDAs and my first smartphone was the Moto Q. I thought it would be the best of both worlds but I was wrong. I picked up an 8830 and now that the network dropping issue is fixed, I'm happier. That was fixed quicker than it took to enable EVDO Rev. A and the internal GPS. I like the Blackberry because it just works. No more multiple reboots throughout the day, no SMALL icons on a touch screen to try and tap, no more switching to landscape mode when I need the keyboard. My friend has the Alltel version of the HTC-6800 and wishes he had purchased the 8830 when I suggested it over the Mogul. The 4.3 operating system has quite a few nice improvements mainly in the web browser now.
    Last edited by tavella81; 06-03-2008 at 07:11 PM.

haz39 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31a47b3b
    i switched from the mogul to the curve i had the mogul for almost a year now and have always been a fan of windows but i saw the curve and i loved it it takes some getting used to being that this is my first bberry and the buttons are small but on the whole i like the phone!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast