Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

In the ten plus years that I've had a cell phone, I think I've dropped ... BlackBerry Curve forum

j0hn00 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242066D4

Re: Devils advocate here....

Advertisement

In the ten plus years that I've had a cell phone, I think I've dropped one maybe twice and never on concrete. But I do understand that some people are not as overly careful as I am and that it suits their interest to get a case. Personally, I like the minimal nature of BSE's full body skin. Anyway, to each their own. Whatever makes you feel comfortable.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

DonGato no está en línea Stack level 3

I use a holster but don't ever want to use a case that will make the Curve bulky, uncomfortable and ugly. It was my policy with other phones as well. I'm quite careful with my phone handling and if it breaks I will have to buy another case and that's it. It's nice to have that option.

box33 no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by ajs3898
    thank you reddog187 for replying to that...i hate bullies, especially ones who hide behind there computer monitors.

plain and simple, i use a case. if my bb drops, it has a better chance of surviving. and if i'm wrestling with a suspect, i cant call a "time-out" so i can take my bb out of my pocket. im protected by a kevlar vest, its protected by a case, same difference. i wear the vest for the "what ifs?" and i use a case for the same reason.
    what??

1. i wasn't being a bully, i was stating my OPINION
    2. if i had the opportunity to say it to their face, would have, but since i don't have that opportunity, i had to voice my OPINION via internet. i wasn't "hiding" behind anything, thank you.

box33 no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by Toddboy71
    If you're into showing off your sweet car, do you just leave it in the driveway, when a garage is readily available?
    two totally different things....compare apples to apples......not a $400 PHN to a $20k+ CAR.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

i dunno about that, just because the car cost more doesn't make it different than the BB to some people.

Matter of fact, some people might treat thier BB better than thier car.

I like a case for the change in appearance, to make my BB different. Also I often get cases that can carry my credit card or id with me, so they are useful.

I don't carry my BB naked, my purse can be a dangerous place.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

joewoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F

I think my seidio hybrid case is damn sexy...

I also LIKE the sliiight added thickness to my curve...

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i like to showcase my phone but I'm also the kind of person who if I get a scratch on my phone I don't want it anymore and I'm going to buy a new one. That's how I am with anything that I have. Once it gets messed up I get a new one. So I'm a little of both I do use a case for protection depending on what's going on but on the same token I want people to see I've got a blackberry and look at the cool things ice done to it.

Prorock no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyxedge
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i like to showcase my phone but I'm also the kind of person who if I get a scratch on my phone I don't want it anymore and I'm going to buy a new one. That's how I am with anything that I have. Once it gets messed up I get a new one. So I'm a little of both I do use a case for protection depending on what's going on but on the same token I want people to see I've got a blackberry and look at the cool things ice done to it.
    I'm like that too. I blame it on my job. Everything has to be perfect. However I wish I could just relax and not use a case. The Curve is a NICE looking phone! I just feel I'm asking for trouble if I don't use a case. You know, hope for the best, expect the worst.

furtive no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    7a47e9f3

Quote Originally Posted by box33
    sounds like you need to treat your expensive items with more care. i can see little kids treating a $400 phone with abuse, but a grown-up....hmmmm, maybe you should evaluate how you handle your expensive items.
    $400 isn't expensive to me - it's a day's pay. I demand a lot from my devices - able to take the accidental drops, the abuse of jacket/pants pocket, various bags, and travel abuse. Where I go and how I travel isn't for the faint of heart so I need reliable technology and I'll pay the premium.

Nice troll, btw.

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

Case for me as well, at the bare minimum at least a holster (especially for the increased battery life due to the sleep magnet). Yes it is costly at $400 (got mine for a mere fraction of that price), but then again some of us like to have nice feature packed devices and have jobs that don't allow us to treat everything with kid gloves. I work in maintenance and by some posters ideals, I shouldn't be able to have a nice device as I must have it with me and can not just let it set in a leather stand on my desk all day so I run the risk of it getting damaged or abused(although I try my best not to). Let's face the facts, it is my lifeline first, and therfore I'll protect it so it can protect me when I need it most. BB's are the best built devices I have had in my experience (alot of the Samsung PDA's and Treos are built tough, but they don't sound as clear nor are as user friendly and stable). Until such time as the tank durable BB comes out, I will continueto use a case and holster, this way I can continue to use a BB, rather than destroy it.

SuzzyP no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

Amen to that... a BB that most carriers dont insure(att does not) that costs a pretty penny to replace to me warrants having a case. There are enough companies out there that make a really quality case. It's definately worth the investment to protect your investment. lolol
    SP[B]
    Sportin a kBerry Curve

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee
    Quote Originally Posted by box33
    two totally different things....compare apples to apples......not a $400 PHN to a $20k+ CAR.
    I wasn't comparing them in monetary terms. I was comparing in perceived value to the owner. Some people would rather have their car stolen than their BB. Principle behind it is the same.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

I still have to vote case. I'm very careful with my Curve, and just my luck my whole holster fell off while walking to my car today. I've got 2 little nicks on the top and bottom corners. I'm a little mad, but without a case it would have been much worse.

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

Course the more people go "commando" with their berries, more will get all jacked up, the supply of quality used berries will go down, and mine will be worth more on eBay! Go case-pouch-skin/less! Woohoo!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123