Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 44

i agree with everyone... 1) a case keeps it in much better condition so that ... BlackBerry Curve forum

  1. #16
    jessjessbobess's Avatar
    jessjessbobess no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    26

    Re: Devils advocate here....

    Advertisement



    i agree with everyone...

    1) a case keeps it in much better condition so that i can resell it to have money towards my new one
    2) if I drop my phone (God forbid..and i AM careful, but it doesn't mean it won't happen) I am less likely to have to buy a new one because it will be ok
    3) if I let it get beat up i would want a new phone much quicker and then i would be hemmoraging (sp?) money left and right

    It just makes sense. And it makes sense that if you buy something expensive putting a case on it IS treating it well. So it's a case for me

  2. #17
    mgalloway's Avatar
    mgalloway no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    4

    Re: Devils advocate here....

    Whats a complete new case go fo 45 bucks? Commando for me.

  3. #18
    jessjessbobess's Avatar
    jessjessbobess no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    26

    Re: Devils advocate here....

    Quote Originally Posted by mgalloway
    Whats a complete new case go fo 45 bucks? Commando for me.
    Where are you looking for cases?!! The Prada store? I'm not saying that in a mean spirited way, but there isn't any reason you should have to spend more than $15 for a case. Leather case, rubber case, crystal case, etc. These are all from ebay under $15 including shipping. Then again, if you happen to hate ebay then it makes sense i guess...! I've got loads of pearl and curve cases and I've probably got $50 in them altogether.

    http://cgi.ebay.com/BLACKBERRY-8300-...QQcmdZViewItem

    http://cgi.ebay.com/8300-Blackberry-...QQcmdZViewItem

    http://cgi.ebay.com/Crystal-Hard-Cas...QQcmdZViewItem

  4. #19
    ikasen's Avatar
    ikasen no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Posts
    310

    Re: Devils advocate here....

    Putting a naked phone in your pocket is just asking for lint, dust, and scratches. Also, alot of people can't hear it ringing in their pockets and are lucky to feel it vibrating. Personally, I like mine on my hip ready for action, as I do use it alot. The regular blackberry case that has the magnetic flap works perfect for me, doesn't really hide it, as I agree that sharp looking phones like these should be shown off, not hidden.

  5. #20
    DaThunder's Avatar
    DaThunder no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    210

    Re: Devils advocate here....

    Quote Originally Posted by srl7741
    I'm all for commando

    I can c your point too?
    I will agree 173%

  6. #21
    JPREP's Avatar
    JPREP no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    37

    Re: Devils advocate here....

    I went commando until I noticed a slight scratch on the screen. I freaked out because it was the second day having it (not to mention that it came out of the box with a nick it). I then found BestSkinEver, and its like its covered, but not covered. So that in eight months (when I usually buy a new phone) I may not have to because I can take off that beaten up skin, and it's like it was the second day I got it!

    I do agree with the original point with cases. Too bulky for me. BestSkinEver total body skin is like protection without knowing its their!

  7. #22
    Toddboy71's Avatar
    Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee
    Posts
    2,384

    Re: Devils advocate here....

    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    If you're into showing off your sweet car, do you just leave it in the driveway, when a garage is readily available?

  8. #23
    Karpfish24's Avatar
    Karpfish24 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    May 2007
    PIN/ID
    243fd52f
    Posts
    217

    Re: Devils advocate here....

    I don't see a reason to use a case. I bought my curve because it is sleek. If I put a case on it, then it isn't nearly as sleek as I want it to be or the way it is meant to be. My curve is somewhat beat up. I have some decent scratches. However, If I want to sell it, I can just buy a new case or whatever needs replacing from Cnn.cn. My front cover is not in the best shape, so i have ordered a new front cover from Cnn.cn for only $12. For $12 my phone will look brand new and I got to enjoy it in all its curvy glory.

  9. #24
    DCookSta's Avatar
    DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    Posts
    2,331
    Quote Originally Posted by Karpfish24
    I don't see a reason to use a case. I bought my curve because it is sleek. If I put a case on it, then it isn't nearly as sleek as I want it to be or the way it is meant to be. My curve is somewhat beat up. I have some decent scratches. However, If I want to sell it, I can just buy a new case or whatever needs replacing from Cnn.cn. My front cover is not in the best shape, so i have ordered a new front cover from Cnn.cn for only $12. For $12 my phone will look brand new and I got to enjoy it in all its curvy glory.
    Or just get some kind of protection when you get the phone and save yourself some time and effort later. I got my curve on launch day, I've got a case. My phone still looks new.

  10. #25
    cherrichiodo's Avatar
    cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    Posts
    17,164

    Re: Devils advocate here....

    i vote case
    1) dust/lint
    2) scratches from ANYTHING...
    3) dropping it is inevitable...it will happen.

    i trade up quite frequently too...so when i do decide to buy a new one, the $ i get from selling the old one SCRATCH FREE goes to the new one

  11. #26
    BenMarvin's Avatar
    BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Posts
    1,970

    Re: Devils advocate here....

    I'll add another point to this discussion. I have 4 different cases for my curve. A lot that out now are very fashionable. 5 or 6 different colors for hard cases and silicone covers. Many different styles of leather cases and holsters. And of course the best skinz ever option. Sleekness is only one feature of the Curve's beauty, and there's plenty of different options for staying protected, showing off, and still being fashionable.

  12. #27
    Kilted Bradley's Avatar
    Kilted Bradley no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    378

    Re: Devils advocate here....

    Quote Originally Posted by box33
    In all honesty, a BB is just a regualar phone with nothing super unique about it.
    Are you SERIOUS? I think you need to go down the hall, the Samsung A660 forum is three doors on the left.

  13. #28
    scorpio11's Avatar
    scorpio11 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Posts
    25

    Re: Devils advocate here....

    Quote Originally Posted by box33
    but who really "showcases" a phone? i mean, the only phone to get massive hype were people WANT to see it is the iPhone. now i know some of you stubborn people will go...."no, BB curve/pearl is cool...people want to see it"........no, not really. get some random/casual jo-shmoe to stop in the streat and ask if they know what a "pearl" is? then as if they know what an iPhone is? they will most likely know what an iPhone is because of the hype/adversising.

    So, i find it hard to believe that people want to check out other peoples phones all the time....unless it's an iPhone that has some ground-breaking mechanics to it like the touch screen or visual voice mail or coverflow or the "pinch" a photo to zoom/unzoom techinque. In all honesty, a BB is just a regualar phone with nothing super unique about it.

    Hey, i'm guilty of it too, so i'm not ragging on anyone. I just created the post for us to think about because i'm contimplating taking the skin off my BB now so i can enjoy it's beauty while i have it and if it gets scratched bad enough to where it's a sore sight, then i'll put the cover on and it'll still look pretty because the cover hides not only the scratches, but the rest of the design as well. I plan on getting an upgraded BB anyway when they release the next version in 8 months, so what's the harm!

    oh well.....food for thought.
    I'm curious - you say you have a BB, but you never mention and your sig doesn't say which one. I've only had a BlackBerry for 9 months (and I've already upgraded once), and because I "showcase" and talk up my phone so much, I've already converted 4 people. The average person on the street may not know what a Pearl is, but a lot will have heard of BlackBerry. I know that Nokia makes phones, but I don't know all the specific model names/numbers. Just my two cents.

    And, so as not to totally digress and hijack the thread, my Curve sports a screen protector and rides in a holster. Nothing wrong with a little protection!

  14. #29
    yensid's Avatar
    yensid no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PIN/ID
    24268214
    Posts
    87

    Re: Devils advocate here....

    didn't buy the curve, or the pearl for that matter, for the looks, just feel that is an added bonus. if you want a phone that people think is pretty, get a razr (how many of us just shuddered involuntarily at the thought). seriously though, the protection is primarily to prolong the life of the blackberry. the gel skin that i have on it helps keep scratches and moisture off the phone, the case keeps the screen and the buttons scratch and lint free. i got my pearl a year ago, and i could put it in the box and sell it as new if i was the shady sort (which, of course, i am not). when i get my curve today i will probably order one of the ultimate skins that you all speak so highly of. is this like using condoms and the pill? sure! but if something happens you didn't want to happen, wouldn't you wish you had? live fast, die young, leave a scratched up, water-damaged, beat-down looking phone
    Last edited by yensid; 10-16-2007 at 07:41 AM.

  15. #30
    TheRiddler's Avatar
    TheRiddler no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,450

    Re: Devils advocate here....

    I use a case because it helps protect it from lint/dust/etc as mentioned above. In addition, and more importantly (to me anyway) I like the tactile feel of the phone with the case. I found my curve to be a bit too shiny/slippery when left bare to the naked eye. My Seidio case adds very little to the overall size of the phone and helps me feel more secure with my Curve. It easily slips into my pocket still when I am not using my holster (yep, I am even more of a geek at work) such as when I am out at a bar catching a game.

    To each his own however. That way if you want to go commando and chance an accidental beating of your device that is your choice. I know me and the case is the way to go for my lifestyle.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •