Hey everyone! I was playing "the dark knight" and noticed a new problem: the device ... BlackBerry Curve forum

javatyger no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    U5W15H

device locking during video playback

Advertisement

Hey everyone!

I was playing "the dark knight" and noticed a new problem: the device automatically locks still when playing movies!!!! I never had this issue with my 8330, so not sure why this is now happening. As far as I'm aware, the device should know to not lock my phone while watching videos. The only way around it is to play with the ball during the movie, or to turn off my password which I don't want to do in case I forget to lock it again.
    If anyone has some bright ideas how to get this fixed, that would be great. Take care everyone and I hope you all have a very safe and happy holidays.

bajanbastard no está en línea Stack level 4
    That used to happen with my 8320 with the auto-lock app. What OS are you running on the 8900?

PIN/ID
    U5W15H
    8900/4.6.1.94
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

bajanbastard no está en línea Stack level 4
    That's the out of the box Rogers one correct? My 8900 won't be here until Monday so i can't do a hands on and offer help from there. Sorry dude

PIN/ID
    U5W15H
    Yeah it is. Frustrating. This is by far the best berry I've ever owned, but this is just annoying. The good news is you can now do stereo bluetooth and watch movies too!!!!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

malejko no está en línea Stack level 2
    Haven't watched any videos longer than a few minutes on my 8900 yet. But I expect with the auto-lock that it might do something weird.. kind of like having your computer auto-lock on your PC when watching a movie...

PIN/ID
    U5W15H
    Its really annoying. I have to constantly play with the trackball so that it doesn't stop playing. There definitely is a few OS issues here and there that RIM needs to work on; such as this issue, and the annoying text box no word-wrap issues.