Hey guys I was just wondering how my blackberry knows that it is in a ... BlackBerry Curve forum

howly23 no está en línea Stack level 1

device in holster

Advertisement

Hey guys I was just wondering how my blackberry knows that it is in a holster. For the longest time I was wondering why my alert tones were switching back and forth, then I realized that when in my curve sleeve it uses the holster options. Also, once i buy a different type of holster will it also know? I feel lame for asking since i have only owned blackberries for the last 4 years, hahahaha. thanks

blazen2000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2426EC63
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~their is a magnet. Open the holster and slide it on the screen part or keyboard and watch it turn off. Or go to standby.

howly23 no está en línea Stack level 1
    NICE!!! Thanks.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    ...and, when you're shopping for a new holster, ask the manufacturer if the holster has the "sleep" function. Nearly all of them do but it doesn't hurt to ask. I have a $50 Case Mate combo that does NOT but it's an older model. I assume that they have added that too - look for it though.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    ...and, when you're shopping for a new holster, ask the manufacturer if the holster has the "sleep" function. Nearly all of them do but it doesn't hurt to ask. I have a $50 Case Mate combo that does NOT but it's an older model. I assume that they have added that too - look for it though.
    I have the Carbon-Fiber Leather Holster Combo and that feature isn't there, I recently (last month) brought my daughter the Green Crocodile Combo and it isn't there either...

Usarmyaircav no está en línea Stack level 2
    I bought a case mate leather case with holster from the TMO store and it doesn't have it either. Then the holster caught on something and broke. so I went with an innocase one so that if the holster breaks I can buy just that piece. This one has the sleep function magnet.

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    FYI: You can also go into Profile settings and adjust how your BB responds in and out of the holster. Just go into Profile, Advanced...you can customize your entire device through sound & vibe. Just a thought...most people do not mess w/settings as much....

blazen2000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2426EC63
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i also bought a rubber case holder for my blackberry and if you hold down the mute key for a bit your phone will go to stand by mode so you won't press buttons if its your pocket. I banged the edges on mine that's why I switched from a holdster to a rubber case.

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    I use a rubberized hard case from Seidio in a RIM leather holster...it functions perfect for my Fabrication-based work that I do. Always Protect Your BB!!!

MartyS no está en línea Stack level 2
    I use that same rubberized case from Sedio, along with their holster that holds the 8320 along with that case. Has the magnet and works like a charm!