Hey there - I am having difficulty synching my desktop with my device. When I ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jt1851 no está en línea Stack level 1

Desktop Manager Synch issues

Advertisement

Hey there - I am having difficulty synching my desktop with my device. When I launch desktop manager "windows installer" trys to load....several times....I put in my device password....windows installer continues to try and load....then my desktop manager software completes is loading....does not perform any of the assigned tasks...and says....."Disconnected" in the status bar.

I do not have to use desktop manager since everything on my device synchs wirelessly through a BES server. However, there are several third party applications that I use that require a desktop synchronization.

I think the problem clearly surrounds Windows Installer and why it is trying to load. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

eviljonny no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Desktop Manager Synch issues

Quote Originally Posted by jt1851
    Hey there - I am having difficulty synching my desktop with my device. When I launch desktop manager "windows installer" trys to load....several times....I put in my device password....windows installer continues to try and load....then my desktop manager software completes is loading....does not perform any of the assigned tasks...and says....."Disconnected" in the status bar.

I do not have to use desktop manager since everything on my device synchs wirelessly through a BES server. However, there are several third party applications that I use that require a desktop synchronization.

I think the problem clearly surrounds Windows Installer and why it is trying to load. Can anyone offer any suggestions?
    Welcome to Pinstack, jt1851.
    Before troubleshooting your synching issues let's take a look at the Windows Installer issue. Follow this link, run the cleaner and then follow this link to completely remove all traces of Blackberry software. Then reinstall and run through Activation. Let us know how it works out.