First like to say Hi as a Newbie to the forums. I have searched extensively ... BlackBerry Curve forum

oobidoo no está en línea Stack level 1

desktop Manager problems

Advertisement

First like to say Hi as a Newbie to the forums.

I have searched extensively for an answer to my question but struggling to find any direct answers to my specific problem...

I have had an 8300 for a couple of months now, given to me by my company so that I could get emails etc on the move.

Naturally on my personal PC I decided to instal the software and in particular enjoyed using the Roxio Media Manager as it was simple, straightforward and converted videos for playback on the BB. However I discovered it altered my service book settings... so I couldn't send email from the BB. I contacted my company and they resent the service books, telling me I must have istalled the redirector...but I'm sure I didn't, despite getting those network emails to my personal email every few minutes.....

I uninstalled the software... and reinstalled and yet again I got the same problems..... and had to get the company to resend the service books...

Now, after uninstalling the software.... I actually have Roxio Media Creator Suite on my PC, however this wont convert a video which plays on the PC....

So finally my question is.... how do I instal the Desktop Manager (with Roxio Media Manager) onto my PC without it changing any setting on th BB..... I'm a little worried as I think next time my company my get a little annoyed with me.

Any help would really be appreciated

Ranz no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me!

Re: desktop Manager problems

Welcome to Pinstack! Try looking at this post by Hayden it may have some answers for you. its also stickied up top! Good Luck hopefully this helps!

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/191-post1.html

oobidoo no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: desktop Manager problems

Thanks for the reply, though unfortunately it doesn't really cover my problem, which is basically how do I get the software which came with the Blackberry onto the PC without it affecting the Service Books...

The BB automaically detects my personal email account and overides my email address with my company. I'm hesitant to load the software as I dont want it to change any settings already on the BB