I've had this happen on three computers so far so i'm not sure what I ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jfig24 no está en línea Stack level 1

desktop manager does not show handheld OS files

Advertisement

I've had this happen on three computers so far so i'm not sure what I can do to correct the problem....basically, when I connect my blackberry to the computer, I open up desktop manager and select the applications tab. The desktop manager then shows only the 3rd party apps that I have installed on the blackberry...it doesn't show any of the OS files so if I for instance wanted to uninstall Blackberry Maps or one of the languages I have installed, I am not able to do this because those files are not listed. This first happened on my work computer and then it was replicated on my desktop and laptop computers at home. One thing that I did do before this happened was uninstall the old OS files I had on the computer since I no longer needed them and just kept the recent version of 4.5 I am using. I've tried reinstalling the OS files and uinstalling and reintalling desktop manager and still get the same result. Any help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    That's because you uninstalled the OS. You sure you uninstalled the right one?
    Last edited by HeavyComponent; 08-14-2008 at 11:05 AM.
    T-Mobile HTC Touch Pro2 & I'm not coming back! :D

--HeavyC.

jfig24 no está en línea Stack level 1
    yes, I uninstalled the correct one....don't get me wrong i'm definately computer savy, but this is one issue that i'm not familiar with so i'm at a lose.

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Happened to me when I installed 4.5 DTM. Never found out why, but I do the severe back-up thing-EVERYTHING!

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    ok, have to get this one out of the way ... did you reboot your PC?

open DM, click help, then click about DM, then click the last tab that says device software. is the OS in question listed there?