hey everyone, i just got a blackberry curve 8310 today. i installed the desktop manager ... BlackBerry Curve forum

derekmac no está en línea Stack level 1

Question desktop manager

Advertisement

hey everyone, i just got a blackberry curve 8310 today. i installed the desktop manager because i want to put ring tones and pictures on it.

my friend has a pearl and i became accustomed to how they used the media manager.

After i followed all of the directions that came in the little booklet, i noticed that i had connection so i clicked on media manager.

when that opened up, the lower section, where its labeled device something haha, it says that its not connected. and that the the only source was "cd drive e"

does anyone have any suggestions. anything will help!

im new with all of this so please don't be ripping on me for me for my inexperience and little knowledge about this.

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    On what operating system did you install the desktop manager and did you download the latest version of the desktop manager or install the one from the CD included with the phone?
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

i installed the disk first, i followed all of the instructions then i just downloaded the most recent version. when that was finally installed, it loaded up and the media manager was not included in the options of what to do. so i am in the process of downloading the version 4.2 service pack 2 because i read that it included the media manager.....

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Also make sure you have the Handheld Software(OS) installed also.

You know if you just turn on Mass Storage Mode and drag and drop it's far easier and quicker than waiting on the Media Manager to open up.

how do i install the handheld software(os)?

i tried installing the original desktop manager that came with the phone again earlier today. after everything was installed.. i went into the media manager and the same thing happened. the top half still consists of the tabs that say "my media, folders, my mediaspace, and my devices"

the bottom one has the same things, but i clicked on my devices (just so i can click and slide the pictures and ringtones from the top to bottom). in the my devices area, it only lists removable disk (E: ) and i cant open it up... inside the box to the left of that it says that "there is no device connected. please connect your device in order to view its contents"

now, my phone has the screen on it that says its connected to desktop and the icons in the corner of my computer indicate that it is connected too....

what should i do?

also when i plug in the phone to the computer, a message pops up that says:
    "USB charging current is not sufficient. Verify that your hand held is connected to a powered usb charging source and that the proper USB driver is installed"

thapharm no está en línea Stack level 1
    Can someone hook me up with the 4.5.0.28 version been searching for days!