How come when i use delivery confirmation, it will only work with certain numbers? For ... BlackBerry Curve forum

che17 no está en línea Stack level 3

Delivery Confirmation

Advertisement

How come when i use delivery confirmation, it will only work with certain numbers? For example when i tXt my buddy Skyler it will have the check mark and the little D say that it has been delivered. But with other ppl it will just do the check mark and no D. Is this a problem with the network, or there provider, or do they have their phones set up not to send a delivery confirmation?

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    There is options on the blackberry that you can allow for a delivery and read conformation. I haven't ever seen this on other phones. So my thought would be that they dont have the ability to send a signal back to you saying that the message was delivered. Can anyone else agree?
    Looking for Wallpapers or Icons for making themes? I can help!

Truth + Clarity = Power

If you are going to take the time to respond... take the time to actually understand that to which you are responding.

crystal815 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    247198B8
    I have this same problem sometimes. But its not just specific numbers...it seems that somtimes i'll get a 'D" and sometimes i wont. Its very frustrating. It makes me believe they didnt get it...so i send it again and they'll get it like 5 times!! :-)

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    the second time you send the message does the D show up crystal?
    Looking for Wallpapers or Icons for making themes? I can help!

Truth + Clarity = Power

If you are going to take the time to respond... take the time to actually understand that to which you are responding.

che17 no está en línea Stack level 3
    For me sometimes the D will show up the second time that i send the msg, but other times it won't show up! Like crystal said it is very frustrating. I've kinda narrowed down the providers that i think have the problem with this. Cricket, Sprint, and i think Verizon. But that is just my experience, i could be totally wrong

JoshSeawell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    I am a VZW user and I only get a D when I send a message to a Verizon customer or send a PIN message.
    -Josh

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    I looked into this a bit and found that AT&T for sure does not support the delivery notification portion of the SMS protocol.

Not sure about other carriers, but since I had AT&T, that's what I was looking into. I did think that Verizon supported it, so you should see the D when texting another verizon user.
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

rmerck no está en línea Device Pro
    As far as I know, the only delivery confirmations I ever receive are when sending MMS messages (which go outside of the Verizon carrier network as well) and SMS within the Verizon network.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."
    Jesus, Luke 22:36

"The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
    Gen. John Pershing, U.S. Army

crystal815 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    247198B8
    sometimes it does, sometimes it doesnt. It's always a 50/50 chance. :-(