Hello folks, Have a strange thing that happened, not sure what to think about it. ... BlackBerry Curve forum

captain_tinker no está en línea Stack level 2

Deleted email account, calendar on Today Screen disappears

Advertisement

Hello folks,
    Have a strange thing that happened, not sure what to think about it. I have my work email come to my blackberry via BIS, and it has been working fine until yesterday, the Exchange server was having problems, and mails were not coming. I don't remember why I did this now, but I removed the account from the blackberry, and tried to re-add it. It took a while, but eventually I did get it to come back. I noticed that after I removed that account, that the calendar entries on the today screen were no longer showing up. I could go into the calendar screen and see all my appointments, but it was no longer showing up on the today screen.
    So I tried to re-sync, but that didn't help it. So after fighting with it for a bit, I finally wiped the handheld completely, and re-installed everything, set up all the email accounts again, restored the calendar, it worked ok, except that the emails that were supposed to go to my work account, were now going to the messages icon instead. Not all of them, but only some of them. So I went ahead and removed the account again and re-added it, and the same thing happened again! I still see my calendar, but it's not showing it up on the today screen.

Using 8300, 4.5 OS. Any ideas what's going on?

-capT

update:

I did a restore to a backup I did a few weeks ago. I noticed that that took out the calendar user of Default, and the calendar was completely gone. So I did a resync of the calendar, and it came back. It was now showing in the today screen too, BUT when going into the calendar and doing a show by calendar user, it put the calender under the wrong email account. It was showing up under the Work email account before, but now it put it under a different account. I can't find a way to associate a calendar with a specific user/email account.
    Also, now when I go into the email account icon, and get properties, under email reconciliation, each account has options for under messaging services, EXCEPT for the work email account. It used to, before all this started happening. I'm really confused here.

-capT
    Last edited by captain_tinker; 08-15-2008 at 01:11 PM.

update 2:

I wiped it. Just got rid of it all, and rebuilt it. Went to BIS, and deleted all of my email accounts. Then added them one at a time after setting up the phone again. Made sure that each one could send and receive email, and then did the resync to get the calendar, address book, and memo pad back on. It came on, but then the email address that the calendar was attached to was my @att.blackberry.net address. I shrugged, and figured fine. I went with it. I'm still having problems receiving email from my work address, but that may just simply be due to problems on the server end, not BB's fault, as the other addresses work fine.

Then I found out something else just now. I was looking in the Options, Advanced Options, Default Services, and found lo and behold, a way to set the account for the calendar, AND the default messaging email account! (which is nice, since I accidentally emailed a meeting request to my co-workers a while back with the WRONG email address! I was so embarrassed because they all thought it was Spam!)

So Now that I've got it all set up, i'm taking a backup of it, and not screwing around with it anymore, for now anyway...

-capT

quinto1025 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Glad you found it, I was going to mention that to you.

kennyc4 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I got rid of all my icons except for the messages icon since ALL my email appears there anyway.there was no need to clutter my desktop with icons for every account. When I respond it does so automatically from the correct accounnt

via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~