Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I don't know if I deleted my address book or somehow made it invisible... I'm ... BlackBerry Curve forum

BelinMike no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    307b2364

deleted address book accidentally???

Advertisement

I don't know if I deleted my address book or somehow made it invisible... I'm not a noob I had the world edition prior to getting my curve today... I organized my apps and made a folder. I look now and my address book is MIA. Its not hidden and its not in any of the folders... Any idea where it could be?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

khmertsunami no está en línea Stack level 2
    Wow that is weird. Uhm have you tried a battery pull? That's how I got my browser icon to reappear. Sorry if I'm not much help

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Try changing your theme that can help too

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Did you accidentally filter it? Menu> filter. Just make sure nothing is ticked.

PIN/ID
    307b2364
    I had tried the battery pull with no success. Changing the theme did work although it won't show at all anymore in the preloaded sprint theme no ideas why. But all I needed was to add my contacts to this phone so alls well. Reddog I tried to see what filter you meant I couldn't find anything that said filter.

Thanks everyone for replying.

PIN/ID
    STACK
    Go to your Contacts hit Menu, then there should be an option that says filter.

scottvicius no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    318591be
    Have you tried to sync your phone up .on BB desktop you will have the option to restore your devise from your last save point. That will reload all your numbers. If not you said you have sprint. Call teck support. There is a file stored in your phone that they can help you pull back out to reload your numbers. Its almost like doing a wipe of your handheld but it will not clear out everything if you do it correctly. They can help you put with that part. Hope this helped you put

PIN/ID
    307b2364
    It was my first day having the phone so there was no prior data or saved #'s just a missing address book in that specific theme. All the other themes show the address book.

Reddog... how do i get to my contacts to see if its filtered from that theme if the addy book is missing? or should i do it in a theme that shows the app?

scottvicius no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    318591be
    Just a random thought if you have a memory card try reinstating it.

jrhorner71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    @5K
    Quote Originally Posted by BelinMike View Post
    It was my first day having the phone so there was no prior data or saved #'s just a missing address book in that specific theme. All the other themes show the address book.

Reddog... how do i get to my contacts to see if its filtered from that theme if the addy book is missing? or should i do it in a theme that shows the app?
    Switch to one of the bb default themes then go into your address book then menu and check the filter if anything is checked uncheck them and then try going back to your other theme and check. Let us know what happens.

PIN/ID
    STACK
    Oh, so it's not showing the address book icon?

Did you try the show all?

ghfogle no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3185b815
    When all else fails, I call my carrier support line. Maybe the service book is missing. They usually can fix all my problems. Good luck.

PIN/ID
    307b2364

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by jrhorner71 View Post
    Switch to one of the bb default themes then go into your address book then menu and check the filter if anything is checked uncheck them and then try going back to your other theme and check. Let us know what happens.
    Only options it shows under filter are Business and Personal. When I was originally looking for the app there were no numbers saved at all so I am not sure the filter would have applied.

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187 View Post
    Oh, so it's not showing the address book icon?

Did you try the show all?
    Yes I did. The app is not hidden nor is it in any folders or subfolders. No clue where it is but not hiding anywhere lol

Quote Originally Posted by ghfogle View Post
    When all else fails, I call my carrier support line. Maybe the service book is missing. They usually can fix all my problems. Good luck.

Thanks. Usually that is my absolute last resort. After having a BB for a few yrs I've learned when to pick my battles with sprint CSV and I usually exhaust every option before going through 3 levels of customer service before I can get someone in blackberry tech who may or may not be able to help me as u have to verify ur info with every single rep for some reason.... sprint sucks but they're rate plans are cost effective for us. I rather spend the hour+ trying to figure it out lol

Thanks you guys for all your answers I was able to add my contacts thanks to your responses but still scratching my head as to the whereabouts of this app in this ONE theme.. strange but ill be making my own themes again soon and hopefully itll show in those themes.

PIN/ID
    @5K
    What version is the theme for?

PIN/ID
    @5K
    The theme may be 4.5 and not 4.2.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast