Is there a way do remove an email account and all email associated to that ... BlackBerry Curve forum

aacurve no está en línea Stack level 2

Delete Email Account from 8300

Advertisement

Is there a way do remove an email account and all email associated to that account off the 8300? I am with AT&T and using BIS... I have removed the email account from the BIS server and it acts like it removes the email off my BB but in the mail Inbox all the email still resides I just loose the mailbox icon for that particular email address.

When I go back to re-add that account it puts the mailbox icon back but the message count is not right... it tells me I have unread messages when in fact there are none... and my LED no longer blinks for new mail...

Odd issue but I would really like to resolve this if anyone can provide any assistance..

Thanks,

-aacurve

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Re: Delete Email Account from 8300

I'm confused from your above, what are you trying to do. remove the accounts from the BB or remove the emails from old accounts that you deleted from the BB?

to remove accounts: delete from BIS (you said you did) then delete the service books for them if they are still on the BB (Settings / Adv. settings / service book

to remove the old emails you will have to do those manually (best way is when you still have those individual email icons, go in those delete all from highlighting the most recent date - actually go ON the date, hit menu, and delete all prior)
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

I have tried deleting my service books on the BB first and resending the service books via BIS but my unread count is still not syncing up... no matter what I do the one particular mailbox icon always shows I have new mail and always says have a set number of unread emails no matter what I do... When I put the selector over that icon it says I have "(23)" unread emails but clicking into it I have no unread email... I have tried going into that box and deleting all prior and no change... still says I have 23 unread emails... My next step is changing the name of this box but I would hate it to not match my actual email address...

-aacurve

ok I finally got it working again... I had to first delete the service books from the BB and then delete the account from BIS and then re-add the account to BIS in that order... thanks cliffr39 for pointing me in the right direction....

-aacurve