I am pretty new with my Curve, so please forgive if this a rudimentary question. ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Bolomite no está en línea Stack level 2

Delete Applications

Advertisement

I am pretty new with my Curve, so please forgive if this a rudimentary question. I have figured out how to go to Options -> Advanced Options -> Applications to delete apps I don't use, but I would like to get rid of Facebook (not cool enough to use) Handandgo Inhand, the Setup Wizard, BB Maps (have Google Maps) ect, but they are not listed on the list of apps that I can delete. How do I get rid of them?

Thank you in advance

kennedy_84 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    302403B0
    they should appear on the DM

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Hello there .

If the Facebook and Handango apps don't show up in your list that is because they are just launch icons to download them again. The only way to get around this is to "Hide" the icons.

You should be able to get rid of BlackBerry Maps from your applications list, if not try running the Application Loader in the Desktop Manager to see if that will fix it or get rid of it that way.

I don't believe there is a way to get rid of the setup wizard either, you will have to "Hide" this icon as well.

After hiding Facebook, Handango, and Setup Wizard, try running the Application Loader to get rid of BlackBerry Maps.

Let me know if you have any more questions.
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

Under the Application Loader?

Quote Originally Posted by lucky13mt View Post
    Hello there .

If the Facebook and Handango apps don't show up in your list that is because they are just launch icons to download them again. The only way to get around this is to "Hide" the icons.

You should be able to get rid of BlackBerry Maps from your applications list, if not try running the Application Loader in the Desktop Manager to see if that will fix it or get rid of it that way.

I don't believe there is a way to get rid of the setup wizard either, you will have to "Hide" this icon as well.

After hiding Facebook, Handango, and Setup Wizard, try running the Application Loader to get rid of BlackBerry Maps.

Let me know if you have any more questions.
    Thanks, I had had them hidden, but was trying to free up memory as my SMS list and Call Log was getting deleted, but it sounds like I'm stuck with them. You were right, BB Maps is under the Applications menu...must have missed it as I was just looking for Maps. Thanks again for the help!

PIN/ID
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolomite View Post
    Thanks, I had had them hidden, but was trying to free up memory as my SMS list and Call Log was getting deleted, but it sounds like I'm stuck with them. You were right, BB Maps is under the Applications menu...must have missed it as I was just looking for Maps. Thanks again for the help!
    If your logs and messages are getting deleted it sounds like you are also low on memory.

Do you have a lot of applications on your BB?

You may also want to try shutting your logs, that helps a bit:

Press and hold ALT and then press LGLG>Open Menu>Clear Log

Then while still in the log screen:

open menu>Options>Scroll down to first filter check box>Open menu>Hide all types

This will save you a bit of memory, everytime you do something with your BB it logs it. That can eventually stack up.

Also, do you use your BB for music and pictures without a memory card?

If you do, I highly suggest getting a memcard and I can help you find one if you'd like.

If you already have one do the following:

Turn on camera>Menu>Options:
    -Store Pictures = On Media Card
    -Picture Quality is also one factor when it comes to memory. The better quality the more space the picture takes.

Then go to Media>Pictures>Menu>Options:
    -Device Memory Limit = 12mb
    -Reserved Pictures Memory= 0mb

Again, this is if you already have a memcard.

I hope that helps a bit too.

If your logs and messages are getting deleted it sounds like you are also low on memory.

Do you have a lot of applications on your BB?

You may also want to try shutting your logs, that helps a bit:

Press and hold ALT and then press LGLG>Open Menu>Clear Log

Then while still in the log screen:

open menu>Options>Scroll down to first filter check box>Open menu>Hide all types

This will save you a bit of memory, everytime you do something with your BB it logs it. That can eventually stack up.

Also, do you use your BB for music and pictures without a memory card?

If you do, I highly suggest getting a memcard and I can help you find one if you'd like.

If you already have one do the following:

Turn on camera>Menu>Options:
    -Store Pictures = On Media Card
    -Picture Quality is also one factor when it comes to memory. The better quality the more space the picture takes.

Then go to Media>Pictures>Menu>Options:
    -Device Memory Limit = 12mb
    -Reserved Pictures Memory= 0mb

Again, this is if you already have a memcard.

I hope that helps a bit too.
    I do already have a 4Gb card. On the bit about turning off the logs, does that turn off my call logs too? I wouldn't say I have a lot of apps, I just did the Alt Shift H deal and it shows I have about 14.4 MB of free memory...is that a lot?

PIN/ID
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolomite View Post
    I do already have a 4Gb card. On the bit about turning off the logs, does that turn off my call logs too? I wouldn't say I have a lot of apps, I just did the Alt Shift H deal and it shows I have about 14.4 MB of free memory...is that a lot?
    Turning off the logs only turns off events that happen with applications and things you do with your BB. It doesn't turn off your regular phone logs.

I believe 14.4 mb is decent. I have seen others say they have at least 10 mb.

Turning off the logs only turns off events that happen with applications and things you do with your BB. It doesn't turn off your regular phone logs.

I believe 14.4 mb is decent. I have seen others say they have at least 10 mb.
    Awesome! Thanks for the great info!

thagame911 no está en línea Stack level 3
    To get rid of Handango and Facebook I just deleted the service books for them. That got rid of them for me.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by thagame911 View Post
    To get rid of Handango and Facebook I just deleted the service books for them. That got rid of them for me.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    He is right. Forgot about that, thanks thagame911.

If you decide to do this and change your mind you can always "undelete" your service book.

Deleting unneeded service books also clears up a little space but be sure you know which ones can be deleted without causing problems.

You can always send yourself the service books through "setup internet email" either from your BB if you have BIS or from your service providers site.