I have this wierd problem where when someone calls me it will vibrate once and ... BlackBerry Curve forum

LokiUCLA no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Just ask

Delayed ringtone?

Advertisement

I have this wierd problem where when someone calls me it will vibrate once and then it will play the ringtone. So in essence I get a delay in it playing the ringtone. Currently I have a shortened MP3 as my ringtone. I don't have the ringtone stored on a memory card so it can't be a delay in powering it up. Does anyone else experience this problem?

KingOfSJ no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Delayed ringtone?

that used to happen to mine but, i just changed it to "normal" mode in the sound options and it stopped.

PIN/ID
    Just ask

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~my is usually always set to normal mode so I don't think that is my problem

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

BB's will not vibrate and ring at the same time. The delay you are seeing is because of the vibrate function. It waits for the vibrate to finish before pplaying the ring tone.

Zo

PIN/ID
    Just ask
    Quote Originally Posted by Amigotek
    BB's will not vibrate and ring at the same time. The delay you are seeing is because of the vibrate function. It waits for the vibrate to finish before pplaying the ring tone.

Zo
    Ok so it's not a problem but working as intended eh? Why would they do that instead of allowing it to do both at the same time?

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

Not sure. Samsung and LG does that on some of their models also (in fact some depend on which ringtone you choose on whether they vibrate at the same time). I think only Moto and Nokia allow it on all their phones now.

Zo

sinkers no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by LokiUCLA
    Ok so it's not a problem but working as intended eh? Why would they do that instead of allowing it to do both at the same time?
    If you are in a meeting you might want to be alerted to receving a call before it actually rings. I accept that changing the profile to vibrate would probably be even better in those circumstances.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    OS upgrades are phone dependent NOT carrier dependent