I have a Curve 8310 and have combined the SMS & email functions into one ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Esimed no está en línea Stack level 1

Default to SMS in combine message folder

I have a Curve 8310 and have combined the SMS & email functions into one "Message" folder. It makes for a very simple experience without the need to hunt and scroll back and forth. The only problem is that when I am in the message folder and scroll to the very top and hit enter to start a new message it automatically defaults to my email account (I have two set up on the blackberry and know how to set one as the default or vice versa).

When SMS & Email were seperated I could scroll to the very top of the SMS screen, hit enter, and open up a blank text message asking for the mobile contact's name. Now that SMS & Email are combined, this same action results in the creation of a blank email.

Is there any way to keep the SMS & Email combined, but make the SMS functions default instead of email? I use SMS 100% more than I do email. But with reason, I do not want to seperate the SMS & Email functions.

Any suggestions?

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    Just Ask
    No, the BB was designed for email so hitting enter defaults you to email creation, not SMS. All you need to do is push the BB button (left of the trackball) and select "Compose SMS Text" and hit enter. It's one extra step that resolves your issue.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Or dl QSMS (check jerryd's version tracker) and just hit "q" to start text. Only works if homescreen dialing is off though. I'd post link, but everytime I do it has to be edited.
    ~via smartphone