I hate the built-in blackberry browser so I use opera but every time I download, ... BlackBerry Curve forum

knightstar no está en línea Stack level 2

default browser

Advertisement

I hate the built-in blackberry browser so I use opera but every time I download, it routes back to the blackberry browser. Why does it do this- how can I control it?
    Last edited by knightstar; 05-30-2011 at 03:00 PM.

xxmrbluntsxx no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23551C46
    WHAT DEVICE DO YOU HAVE???

xxmrbluntsxx no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23551C46
    I NEVER HAVE A PROBLEM DOWNLOADING ANYTHING WITH OPERA...9780 6.0.0.534

Last edited by knightstar; 05-16-2011 at 03:04 AM.

I've had no success thusfar w/this issue.

After downloading/installing the browser, do a hard reboot (bat pull). After it starts back up, go to Options > Advanced Options > Browser, then choose the new browser in the "Default Browser Configuration" area.

Hey Mark, thanks for your response, sorry I havnt been on in a while.
    Since I begun this thread, I've tried that and I get three options, Internet Browser, Internet Browser and Hotspot Browser. I don't know what to make of this. Along with the Blackberry Browser and Opera Browser, I also have the Bolt Browser(I never use it) installed. When I had the 8320, I could have sworn I could somehow delete the Blackberry Browser, so I'm thinking if I can't figure out how to put the Blackberry Browser in the backseat, I believe I might try it.
    But of course if you or anyone has any better ideas, I'm open to them.

Hi Knightstar, wondered where you had gone!

The BlackBerry browser cannot be deleted starting with OS 4.2, which is about 2006?2007? It is similar to Internet Explorer on a Windows PC where it is used to drive other applications, particularly Help. I'm thinking that "Internet Browser" is Bolt, and "Internet Browser" is Opera. Might be wrong, but give it a shot . . .

I've tried both and it seems to make no difference in any noticable regards. Perhaps my explanation of the problem needs some elaboration. Whenever I would like to open a file(via Opera), I get this prompt; "The Opera Mini is attempting to invoke the browser to view(states site address). Would you like to allow this?" Then it gives me an option of either yes or no. I choose no, then the prompt leaves the screen and nothing happens. I choose yes and the Opera browser redirects through the Blackberry browser. It seems like whenever I open a file, this phone(8530) must redirect through it's own browser.