Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I got my class 6 card and after a second day of use, I don't ... BlackBerry Curve forum

lovin2act no está en línea Stack level 4

Advertisement

I got my class 6 card and after a second day of use, I don't notice any difference from my class 2 unfortunately. Ah well.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Quote Originally Posted by obione View Post
    the classes only determine how fast you can upload to you card via usb or adapter.

from Wikipedia:

SD Speed Class Ratings

SDHC cards have SD Speed Class Ratings defined by the SD Association. The SD Speed Class Ratings specify the following minimum write speeds based on "the best fragmented state where no memory unit is occupied":[19]

• Class 2: 2 MB/s - 13x
    • Class 4: 4 MB/s - 26x
    • Class 6: 6 MB/s - 40x
    SDHC cards will often also advertise a maximum speed (such as 133x or 150x) in addition to this minimum Speed Class Rating. See section Speeds above for a further explanation. One critical difference between the Speed Class and the maximum speed ratings is the ability of the host device to query the SD card for the speed class and determine the best location to store data that meets the performance required. "Maximum speed" ratings are quoted by the manufacturers but unverified by any independent evaluation process.

Hope this helps
    Quote Originally Posted by obione View Post
    update Deal on expansys Sandisk MicroSDHC 16GB card
    http://www.expansys-usa.com/d.aspx?i=179338

36.99 class 2

Nice info and good find!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

JeffNNJ no está en línea Stack level 3
    I don't know about the whole 16G thing. I have 23,000 songs on my iPod and since it has full integration with my car, it usually goes where I go. I really only use the memory card to take pictures and videos. If anyone's interested, I recorded the doctor cutting a thing off my toe and the subsequent stitches I have a few regular videos and songs on it, as well but these were mostly added just for the novelty.

obione no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24aa759c

Maximus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Received the NewEgg 8GB Class 6 card last night and transferred approx. 1 GB of data from my desktop to the card. It took about 35 seconds. Card seems to be working fine. It's not one of the name brand cards but it works for me.

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask
    I too bought an 8gb Class 6 micro sdhc card from amazon, and several other items for my 8900....but the card seemed quicker to me. I transfered about 1gb to it and it took about 20 secs, then accessing the media on the phone seemed super quick.

obione no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24aa759c

camshafter no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask
    I bought a sandisk class 2, 8gb at radio shack for 17.00 about a month ago, it works just fine on my curve 8320, but my laptop will not recognize it? i also have a 1gb and the origanal kingston that came with it and my comp reads both of them. any thought as to why my comp. wont read the card? i did buy ins on it for about a dollar.

camshafter
    Last edited by camshafter; 04-07-2009 at 11:05 PM. Reason: price

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123