Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Oh well and yes true that :-)... BlackBerry Curve forum

lovin2act no está en línea Stack level 4

Advertisement

Oh well and yes true that :-)
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, some1 said 2 thmslvs "U knw, I really want 2 set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close engh to get the job done".

JeffNNJ no está en línea Stack level 3
    My question is, practically what is the difference?? Can you take pictures faster with a class 6?? When you look through your photo albums do the images appear faster?? I understand the theory but how will a higher class outperform a lower class on my Blackberry??

Maximus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by obione View Post
    ok understand but your local radioshack is have a sale for $19.99 it's a sandisk

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3155293

check it out.
    It looks like this is a Class 2 card. Might work well for some but for 8GB you really want something that is fast. Also, the one at NewEgg at Class 6 is a better deal (it's not SanDisk so, take it as you may).

Quote Originally Posted by JeffNNJ View Post
    My question is, practically what is the difference?? Can you take pictures faster with a class 6?? When you look through your photo albums do the images appear faster?? I understand the theory but how will a higher class outperform a lower class on my Blackberry??

Well I am gonna find out as soon as I get mine in the mail

I have a class 2 right now that is 8gb and it seems pretty decent but I do notice some lag at times.

So I have high hopes that the class 6 will fly along even better when I browse my photos, music, movies and such!

Wish I woulda known to look for this (class type) sooner! But my current class 2 was only 13 bucks so not too huge a loss.
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, some1 said 2 thmslvs "U knw, I really want 2 set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close engh to get the job done".

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    It looks like this is a Class 2 card. Might work well for some but for 8GB you really want something that is fast. Also, the one at NewEgg at Class 6 is a better deal (it's not SanDisk so, take it as you may).

I kinda thought that was the case as well. And yeah I saw that one at Newegg but had not heard of the brand before, so I just felt better going with the Sandisk class 6 instead. Like I said 25 bucks aint tooooo bad

JeffNNJ no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by lovin2act View Post
    Well I am gonna find out as soon as I get mine in the mail

I have a class 2 right now that is 8gb and it seems pretty decent but I do notice some lag at times.

So I have high hopes that the class 6 will fly along even better when I browse my photos, music, movies and such!

Wish I woulda known to look for this (class type) sooner! But my current class 2 was only 13 bucks so not too huge a loss.
    Great!! Please remember to post your impressions.
    Thanks,
    Jeff

Fo sho!!!

obione no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24aa759c
    the classes only determine how fast you can upload to you card via usb or adapter.

from Wikipedia:

SD Speed Class Ratings

SDHC cards have SD Speed Class Ratings defined by the SD Association. The SD Speed Class Ratings specify the following minimum write speeds based on "the best fragmented state where no memory unit is occupied":[19]

• Class 2: 2 MB/s - 13x
    • Class 4: 4 MB/s - 26x
    • Class 6: 6 MB/s - 40x

SDHC cards will often also advertise a maximum speed (such as 133x or 150x) in addition to this minimum Speed Class Rating. See section Speeds above for a further explanation. One critical difference between the Speed Class and the maximum speed ratings is the ability of the host device to query the SD card for the speed class and determine the best location to store data that meets the performance required. "Maximum speed" ratings are quoted by the manufacturers but unverified by any independent evaluation process.

Hope this helps

PIN/ID
    24aa759c
    update Deal on expansys Sandisk MicroSDHC 16GB card
    http://www.expansys-usa.com/d.aspx?i=179338

36.99 class 2

Quote Originally Posted by obione View Post
    the classes only determine how fast you can upload to you card via usb or adapter.

from Wikipedia:

SD Speed Class Ratings

SDHC cards have SD Speed Class Ratings defined by the SD Association. The SD Speed Class Ratings specify the following minimum write speeds based on "the best fragmented state where no memory unit is occupied":[19]

• Class 2: 2 MB/s - 13x
    • Class 4: 4 MB/s - 26x
    • Class 6: 6 MB/s - 40x

SDHC cards will often also advertise a maximum speed (such as 133x or 150x) in addition to this minimum Speed Class Rating. See section Speeds above for a further explanation. One critical difference between the Speed Class and the maximum speed ratings is the ability of the host device to query the SD card for the speed class and determine the best location to store data that meets the performance required. "Maximum speed" ratings are quoted by the manufacturers but unverified by any independent evaluation process.

Hope this helps
    Interesting indeed!!! When I get my class 6 card I will definitely report back if there is any noticeable difference with how it handles in regards to navigating on it from the phone itself.

PIN/ID
    24aa759c
    I know i have a class 6 and with 6.67GB of information I transfered last night, with vista it took 2min. 30sec. which to me that fast.

MREY74 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    314CA548
    www.microcenter.com another good place to go class 4 8gb around $23

PIN/ID
    24aa759c
    Quote Originally Posted by MREY74 View Post
    www.microcenter.com another good place to go class 4 8gb around $23
    to expensive newegg and amazon are still cheaper

n.nichols no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E08383
    Well, I've been operating for a few day now with the class 6, 8GB ... my old card was class 2, 8GB. I do see a difference in speed ... but not an amazing difference.

Switching between programs I'd get the wait signal for maybe 3sec before, and now maybe see the signal for 1 to 1.5 sec. It is hard to be accurate but I think I'm close. I got the class 2 from Amazon and the class 6 from Newegg.

Anthonyxa no está en línea Stack level 1
    I would suggest you purchase it from a reliable source - ebay has good offers but so i hear the quality is horrible, so they say they have micro sd cards that are somehow a scam..

go for a 16 gb one try to get it from the price range of 40-50 its well worth it

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast