REALLY angry at my 8300 curve now. This morning it started to show a white ... BlackBerry Curve forum

JokerN1978 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2528CE64

Dead Curve - red LED flashing

Advertisement

REALLY angry at my 8300 curve now.

This morning it started to show a white screen with 523 and 535 JVM error messages. It would then reset itself.
    Eventually it came up with the 507 error - no worries I thought, a similar thing happened with my Pearl and was able to restore the OS.

Now though, the screen is blank and the red LED flashes intermittently.

Desktop Manager wont recognise the device when plugged in, the screen is blank and wont power up. I have tried JL_cmder and wiping it, all to no avail.
    I have searched here and other websites and tried holding the on/off key for 30 secs, connecting with the battery removed etc and nothing has worked.

The REALLY annoying thing though is that I've read this happens when there is a shortage of memory (not a problem) or a recently installed app doesnt work.
    The only app I've installed recently is the Pinstack OTA program - on saturday afternoon. Sunday and Monday, it kept resetting itself, now this.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Dead Curve - red LED flashing

Did you try reinstalling the operating system using these steps (they have to be followed exactly), it worked for me:
    How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't Recognize The Device Is Connected

PIN/ID
    2528CE64

I've followed through that thread and still no joy. Nothing will make my PC recognise my BB. Have tried 2 different cables and 2x different computers.

Wouldnt be so bad but it was an ebay buy (from a shop thankfully). Pain in the rear though.

PIN/ID
    2528CE64

Gave up and upgraded to an 8320 last night. Should arrive tomorrow.

Pinstack ota will not be going on this one.