Hello everyone. I recently started traveling for work. I change time zones at least 4 ... BlackBerry Curve forum

switters no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319E3227

Date/Time Automatic Change

Advertisement

Hello everyone. I recently started traveling for work. I change time zones at least 4 to 5 times a week yet my VZW Curves clock doesn't automatically change. After an exhausting conversation with CS I still don't have any answers. I've set the Date/Time Source to Network and to Blackberry and I still have to adjust the time manually. Am I missing something very basic here? Any input would be great. Thanks for the help.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7
    Unless something changed on the Verizon version, unfortunately that's just the way the phone is. It does not change automatically.

Time Zone does not change

Doc ID : KB12775
    Last Modified : 2007-05-25
    Document Type : What Is

Print this page

Environment

• BlackBerry® device

Details

When travelling from one time zone to another, the time zone change is not applied to the BlackBerry device.
    The Time Zone does not change automatically. You must manually change the Time Zone on the BlackBerry device. For instructions, see KB04943.

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Nope, you're fine. The BB is set not to do this automatically for calendar purposes. It allows you to change the time zone if you like. This prevents your calendar from being messed up when entering or changing time zones and to make sure you do not miss appointments because you entered an event while you were in one time zone but the event is going to occur in the other time zone and now you're an hour early or an hour late to the event.

Is that clear as mud? haha
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

switters no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319E3227
    Ok. I understand the logic behind that ... but I'm lazy and REALLY didn't want to add that to the massive list of responsibilities I have when traveling. Oh well, it's a very small complaint for an otherwise great device. Thank you for all of your help ... again.

avolcoff no está en línea Stack level 1
    You can check an application called AutoTimeZone on App World

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    Theres other things to think about as well, such as the time stamp on text or phone calls, and you think you just got a message or missed a phone call by a couple minutes when you actually got the call an hour ago, and yer wife done had the babyitsaboy congrats you missed it

lol just joking but yeah if your like me and look at the times on messages alot it would throw them off to
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>