Hi - I notice that my BB 8300 is often a few minutes behind the ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Osprey no está en línea Stack level 2

Date and Time error

Advertisement

Hi - I notice that my BB 8300 is often a few minutes behind the correct time. I had assumed that a device connected wirelessly would update automatically and be pretty accurate. In my settings for date and time source, I have only the option to choose Blackberry or Off; i alway set to Blackberry. It seems that the only way to get the right time is to update manually using the menu key.

Is this a common problem or am I doing something wrong ? I am surprised that a BB does not keep accurate time on its own, let alone fail to update automatically.

Grateful in advance for your wisdom on this. Thanks.

acrimsontide no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Date and Time error

Go to options, date and time, set the Date/Time source to network

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53

Also make sure if you are Syncing to a dest top PC that you uncheck update devices time and date in the DTM, for some reason this monkeys with the time really weird some times.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

Osprey no está en línea Stack level 2

Thanks for your replies. Acrimsontide - as I said, i have only the options to set to "Blackberry" or "Off" (not "Network"). Any other ideas gratefully received. I still dont understand how an electronic device could lose so much time in between resets.