I am receiving my replacement 8330 today because my usb port is broken. How do ... BlackBerry Curve forum

cobrabite no está en línea Stack level 2

Data transfer

Advertisement

I am receiving my replacement 8330 today because my usb port is broken. How do I transfer all of my apps and info to the new phone? And yes I do backup the phone on a reg basis through DM and Google Sync.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

tikim143 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2087E5EB
    One way is by connecting your BB to your personal computer (desktop, laptop) and drag and drop all of the apps that show up on your BB to a computer file (I have a folder named "BB 8310"). This way you have all the aPps, pics, ringtones, music and documents saved or "backed up", on your computer.

Another way is to connect your BB to your computer and open the BB desktop version of the application installer (not sure of the name). And on there they have an icon that says "backup and restore", that you can use.

I hope any of this helps!

jrhorner71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    @5K
    if you still have the old phone just use the switch device in dm before you give it back.

penn no está en línea Stack level 1
    As your usb port is damaged, maybe you could use a bluetooth dongle to communicate around the bad usb port

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    All good advice but if the usb port is no good none of it will work besides the BT option for contacts and calander backup.

You would need a functioning usb to us the switch device wizard.