I have a bad "D" key on my newly purchased 8310. I will be exchanging ... BlackBerry Curve forum

motionxxusxx no está en línea Stack level 1

data restore to a new exchanged 8310

Advertisement

I have a bad "D" key on my newly purchased 8310. I will be exchanging it at the store. I have made a complete backup and wanted to know, will it be a problem to restore the new phone with this backup? Will all my 3rd party apps be installed by this backup that I made or will I have to start over. Are there any problems that I should be aware of?

Thanks for your help

frkhuda no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: data restore to a new exchanged 8310

Hey motionxxusxx,

Sorry to hear that you are having problems, i have the 8310 and its working just fine for me since the day i got it so hopefully the one they exchange you with will be fine. About the backup you should be perfectly fine. If i were you i'd just take the extra step and backup the device using the "advanced" feature on top of the standard one since it allows you to backup individual items since sometimes you don't want to restore everything killing all your memory right off the bat, but its not necessary so its completely up to you. About the 3rd party apps, if you downloaded it OTA then you won't get it on the new device since backing up the device doesn't backup your apps. If you downloaded and installed them using DM then you shouldn't have any problems getting them.

motionxxusxx no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: data restore to a new exchanged 8310

got a new 8310 but decided against using the backup. I felt the best bet would be to start fresh and not risk any possibilities of restoring issues.