I'm brand new to a BB 8300, and my old phone is a Nokia. What ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Rob1960 no está en línea Stack level 2

What data file formats import into the 8300? How open an ".IPD" file on my PC?

Advertisement

I'm brand new to a BB 8300, and my old phone is a Nokia. What is the best way to transfer those contacts into the 8300? What file formats can be exported into the 8300?

Also, I notice the 8300 backup is in an ".IPD" format. Is it possible to open that with any computer file, and organize the data on my computer before importing back into the 8300?

Thanks.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: What data file formats import into the 8300? How open an ".IPD" file on my PC?

Question 1. - There are several compatible PIMs such as Outlook, Lotus and others that can sync your contacts with the BB. If you don't have one of the compatible PIMs, you can even import a Character Separated ASCII file. Check the Desktop Manage help screens.

You can't "open" an IPD file for re-organization. But you can get an application that will export a majority of things in the file into many formats. That app is called ABC Amber Blackberry. It's not free but there is a trial version.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles