Today I received the following error message... Uncaught exception: net.rim.device.api.system.ControlledAccessExceptio n It appeared right after ... BlackBerry Curve forum

TheRiddler no está en línea Stack level 5

Danger Will Robinson, Danger!

Advertisement

Today I received the following error message...

Uncaught exception: net.rim.device.api.system.ControlledAccessExceptio n

It appeared right after I had deleted some unused apps and then rebooted my 8310. Is this something I need to be overly concerned over or is it simply a non-issue?

My phone has been acting correctly since. My battery appears to be draining more rapidly but I am not sure if this is simply because I had more things running in background (which is what I assume caused the battery drain). In additon, the battery on my 8310 charges extremely quickly for which I am very grateful.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Re: Danger Will Robinson, Danger!

did the error occur when trying to do something? Like open mail, or calendar or something?
    What applications did you delete, 3rd party things you installed or pre-installed files?
    I had something similar happen to me when I tried to delete the Tasks, or Help a few months ago (don't recall lol so now I leave them both installed, even though I don't use either).
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Did you hurt yourself wandering this far away from the Cafe, Rids?

Which apps did you delete? Some you can delete without a problem, others, not so much.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

Quote Originally Posted by LaTuFu View Post
    Did you hurt yourself wandering this far away from the Cafe, Rids?

Which apps did you delete? Some you can delete without a problem, others, not so much.

Wait a cotton picking minute...how in the heck did I get here? Must have taken a wrong turn there Fufu. LOL. Anyway, the apps were some third party stuff I had loaded and tested but decided I did not utilize enough to keep on my device, such as Digby and BBLight.

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Have you tried doing a wipe from the handheld? Do a backup first, so you don't lose all your data.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

I have not yet but I do have backups...I try to back up at least once a week.

I am going to give it some more time before I do a wipe. If the error does not appear again and I see no degradation of my device I will hold off for the time being.