I just noticed that I can not apply a custom ringtones to any of my ... BlackBerry Curve forum

stnkyq2 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    IMTHTG

custom ringtone for profile issues on the OS 4.5.0.55

Advertisement

I just noticed that I can not apply a custom ringtones to any of my contacts...
    A lil history; I installed the new OS and deleted/ removed some cod files from the OS.
    I have removed themes, languages, wallpaper and etc..... I have continually removed the same files from the previous Beta OS's and this is the only one that I have came across this issue with (4.5.0.55)...
    I have a BB Curve 8310

Anyone else having this issue??

Thank you in advance for your replies!
    "A clear cut vision is the best path to success.. persistence is the vehicle you arrive in..." -Rev. Run

Crackberry @ddict for LIFE..........

sumthinnew no está en línea Stack level 2
    You might have deleted the wrong .cod file. I'm also using OS 4.5.0.55 and able to set custom ringtones.

PIN/ID
    IMTHTG
    Quote Originally Posted by sumthinnew View Post
    You might have deleted the wrong .cod file. I'm also using OS 4.5.0.55 and able to set custom ringtones.
    Thank you very much. I was kind of thinking the same thing, but do not remember the last thing that I removed.... Well back to starting over!

Thank you again........
    "A clear cut vision is the best path to success.. persistence is the vehicle you arrive in..." -Rev. Run

sohood no está en línea Stack level 2
    i'm havin some problems kinna similar.
    i cannot edit my profiles at all and i get to vibration when i set it to the vibration profile.

I've been down the same path as all of you in regards to issues with OS upgrade. After many trial and error, i think i'm finally good at it. Removing .cod files to gaim more memory is good but just make sure we don't delete ones that are tied with other functions of the BB. With that being said, i remeber the .cod file i erased that disabled profile ringtone customization. It was net_rim_bb_medialoader_sonic_networks.cod

PIN/ID
    IMTHTG
    Quote Originally Posted by sumthinnew View Post
    I've been down the same path as all of you in regards to issues with OS upgrade. After many trial and error, i think i'm finally good at it. Removing .cod files to gaim more memory is good but just make sure we don't delete ones that are tied with other functions of the BB. With that being said, i remeber the .cod file i erased that disabled profile ringtone customization. It was net_rim_bb_medialoader_sonic_networks.cod
    Thanks for the information. This is the file that I have removed also "net_rim_bb_medialoader_sonic_networks.cod"
    I am going to place the file back in the folder to see if this resolves my issue.

Thank you for the heads up!

AtomicAnt1 no está en línea Stack level 1
    might look like a dumb question but do you use the app loader to get it back in?
    cause I have no idea how.

basically move the .cod file back into the java folder, run apploader and it will recognize the .cod file and install in onto your bb.

AtomicAnt1 no está en línea Stack level 1
    thanks, for the help