Have you ever wanted to create a special Curve icon for your phone when syncing ... BlackBerry Curve forum

3CISS no está en línea Stack level 2

Custom Curve icon

Advertisement

Have you ever wanted to create a special Curve icon for your phone when syncing with your desktop? It's easy. Just create an autorun .inf file on the phone itself. Load the .ico file of your choice onto the phone, then rename the file location in the .inf file to match the icon name and location in your phone. Here is an example:

Last edited by 3CISS; 03-23-2008 at 07:37 PM.

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5
    Nice PC
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

anaenima no está en línea Stack level 3
    Great tip. How about posting the inf code for the people who don't know how to make one.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Autorun inf

Here's the .inf file; for those that don't know how to create one. Simply open 'Notepad' and create the following:

Just name the file Autorun.inf when finished.
    Last edited by 3CISS; 03-25-2008 at 04:42 PM.

scarboro65 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I would really like to try this but cant get it to work..guess I am more confused than anything else...can you be a little more detailed?

Ok, step by step for the masses.

1. Find or create an icon of your choice. Take that icon (which will have an extension of .ico), and place it in the folder of your choice on your BB. This is done by plugging in your BB to your computer, which will then show your BB as a removable device. If you want to place the icon in the 'System' folder, you can go into folder options and 'uncheck the show hidden folders' box. Once unchecked, the 'system' folder will show up. You can put the icon in any folder you want, or you can even create your own folder for it.

2. Open notepad and create an 'autorun' file as shown above. On the line that reads: ICON=, this is where you put the location of the icon. If you put it in the 'system' folder, then it will read as shown above, with one note: if you named your BB something else like Curve, or 8320 etc., then you must use that instead. I named mine Blackberry, so the first Folder location in mine reads Blackberry, yours will be whatever yours is named. As an example, say you named yours 8320, your ICON location would start like this: ICON=8320, and if you placed the icon in your system folder, it would go: ICON=8320/system/xxxx.ico where xxxx is the name of your icon.
    Last edited by 3CISS; 03-25-2008 at 04:33 PM.
    r00ted MT4G
    CBC

Helpful links
    UMA setup guide |

scarboro65 no está en línea Stack level 1
    thank you very much!