I have a Curve and when I have the wired headset plugged in and someone ... BlackBerry Curve forum

mejmea no está en línea Stack level 1

Curve wired headset not ringing

Advertisement

I have a Curve and when I have the wired headset plugged in and someone calls, the ringtone doesn't come through the headset but rather through the external speaker. All of the other tones (e.g. for emails, sms, music, etc.) come through the headphones just fine, but not the ring. If I'm listening to music, the music pauses so the phone does recognize that a call is coming in but the ring still comes through the external speaker. This seems odd to me as one of the reasons you might be using the headphones is so you will not disturb other people when the phone rings in the first place.

Can anyone tell me if they have run into this issue and whether it is supposed to work this way? Are there any known solutions? I've been unable to find a concrete answer via "search" so I hope I'm not repeating a previously answered question. If so, could someone please point me toward the right thread?

Thanks.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

Re: Curve wired headset not ringing

hmmm...i know on the pearl that it all plays hrough your headset, i did some looking around and i havet found a thing about it. i wonder if any other curve users have this issue at all

bjene no está en línea Stack level 2

Try a different headset and see if you have the same problem. I had a similar experience and tracked it down to the headset. An additional problem I had was that once I answered the call, the sound did not come through the headset but was going through the external speaker. I used the same headset on another curve, had the same problem. New headset on old curve, could not duplicate it. The media player was not affected in any way.
    It's an interglacial period, *#%&@!

lylee no está en línea Stack level 1

i have the same problem with my curve tried two different headsets same problem. I am Just playing around hoping I fix this. If anyone slove ,this please let me Know.

mejmea no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by lylee
    i have the same problem with my curve tried two different headsets same problem. I am Just playing around hoping I fix this. If anyone slove ,this please let me Know.
    The official word from AT&T (tech support line and the in store service rep) is that this is just the way the Curve is. The official word from RIM is "please direct all of your questions to your service provider unless you want to pay us money"..........

I can't quite resolve the AT&T answer vs. what bjene said he found but for the moment I guess I'm stuck with it although it makes absolutely no sense to me that it works this way.

I've got to say that as a 1st time Blackberry owner I really like the Curve in most ways but I think RIM's customer support policies are dismal. I have noticed in other threads that various people have said "I called RIM and they said.........". Is there a secret number to call that will actually allow you to talk to someone without having to 1st give them a credit card?