I have wi-fi in my house and my phone doesnt seem to switch automatically when ... BlackBerry Curve forum

rpol8052 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!

Question Curve WI-FI problem

Advertisement

I have wi-fi in my house and my phone doesnt seem to switch automatically when I leave my house it just drops the call then connects to EDGE, I have 4.2.2.180 and thats suppose to fix this or is there something else I have to do?
    Last edited by rpol8052; 11-20-2007 at 11:25 AM.

DwedPiwatWobert no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Curve WI-FI problem

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~the software update helps, but its an issue with all hotspot phones. Well, the 6086 could do it, sometimes, but you get the idea. Going from gsm to wifi, no problem, just takes a few minutes. I've used all the hotspot phones, you just hafta learn to plan calls accordingly.

PIN/ID
    Ask me!

ok thanks i really wish they fix this it gets very annoying.

tiger123sw no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24207ab3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)
    Could be a few reasons. I had the 6086 and now the 8320 I have no problems at all switching. what router are you using? Did you try to power cycle the router? Change the channel I found ch 6 is best in my house. delete the setup for the router in the phone the reconnect.

PIN/ID
    Ask me!

Im using The Verizon DSL Westell branded router/modem combo i do have a Linksys but thats like a 2 or 3 yr old model plus wouldnt know where it is...lol. but back to this, I had went to my brother's house and it did the same thing, i thought maybe it was my router or something but it did it again at his house. im using channel 6 as well it was using channel 7 i believe if i remember correctly

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

Are you in a full T-Mo area, as it seems that this function doesn't work when transferring to a non-T-Mo tower. I have no T-mo in my area and have never gotten it to work as it isn't setup correctly for the handoff with the AT$T or Suncom towers. Others have stated that they found that it was tower related as well.

PIN/ID
    Ask me!

I get EDGE and Sometimes GPRS so i guess you can say yes that i have full T-Mo service

PIN/ID
    24207ab3

good call squeakr ... rpol8052 you say you get EDGE and or GPRS but is it a TMO tower?
    Also how old it your sim card ... My wifes sim will not work at all with UMA had to get a new sim .. and it works fine. However I am thinking it might be in your phone.. there is a service book called wifi tcp/ip transport that is needed for the UMA to work .. go to TMOs site and resend service books ..
    If all that fails I think there is going to be an OS update soon .. maybe it will get fixed with that

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

Thanks tiger,

That is exactly what I meant by full T-MO tower as in not roaming or on a parnter tower (as some do exist) or one of the locally owned supporting call towers.

PIN/ID
    24207ab3

I figured it was a Tmo tower but had to ask.. when you get it resolved .. please post what you did to fix it

PIN/ID
    24207ab3

Yes I know in the UK / Europe UMA is NOT a seamless hoandover

PIN/ID
    Ask me!

thanks both of you.....I checked the service book and i do have that wifi tcp/ip transport, and yes it is a tmo tower sorry for the misunderstanding. I just switch to TMo in May so it cant be the sim card, but i do have one that came with my curve that has not been activated yet. When i transfered to Tmo i first got the pearl and then i got the curve witch came with an extra sim, all i did was switch out the sim of the pearl into the curve.