Have had a Tmob 8100 for a year. Am considering a Tmob Curve (signed a ... BlackBerry Curve forum

TheBigNewt no está en línea Stack level 3

Curve vs. Pearl questions

Advertisement

Have had a Tmob 8100 for a year. Am considering a Tmob Curve (signed a 2 year agreement). I'm pretty familiar with the feature differences between them and have played with a Curve too. For those that have owned both units what do you feel are the major advantages of the Curve? Things you like better with the Pearl? Doing a search on a topic like this is very difficult because you get a million "dead end" threads that mention both devices in a post, and the main threads are 5 months old, before most people got them up and running. I'm concerned about the smaller keys making typing more difficult (Suretype works fine for me). I'm more interested in differences other than the QWERTY between them. Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by TheBigNewt; 12-29-2007 at 02:37 PM.
    BB Pearl, Seidio rubberized case.

precisem0nk no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Curve vs. Pearl questions

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ After switching from a pearl to a curve, I found that the tiny keys were a bit annoying to type on but given a few weeks, you'll forget about the wonderful suretype and come to love the qwerty. Other than having a better multimedia feature, everything is pretty much the same.I did like the build quality of the curve too, it doesn't feel tacky and cheap like the pearl. One thing I did like about the pearl was the ability to change the trackball color and the larger keys.

TheBigNewt no está en línea Stack level 3

Thanks. I'll play with my friends Curve and see if I like the typing as well with the smaller keys. I've read the WiFi thread here, interested to know who's used that feature and how they like it. know there's an 8320 with Wifi but what's the 8310, is that with GPS?
    BB Pearl, Seidio rubberized case.

precisem0nk no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I have the 8310 and I love the gps on it. My friend has the 8320 and hasn't found a real use for the wifi since not a lot of applications that use it. You can use the default browser and hotpot but that's pretty much it as I know of.

wrxboi no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    R.I.P

I say go for it!!!!! I love my curve and I'm sure you'll love yours!!!!!!!!!
    WRXBOI
    wrxboi69@googlewave.com

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

there have been a lot of threads comparing the Pearl/Curve. Try those for several opinions. They are all within the last 4 weeks so the opinions are recent. Good luck:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._vs_pearl.html
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._vs_pearl.html
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._to_curve.html
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...new_curve.html
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

nsaneone no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24237FED

the Difference is louder speaker, stereo bluetooth, larger screen, qwerty keyboard, wifi... For he GPS I snagged up a GPS Puck for 40 dollors. I found it was quite easy to switch from the pearl to Curve. I also havent really heard any complaints.

wrxboi no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    R.I.P

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ very true I have to agree